Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Re: Tanks for sale

VermontDuc said:
Might be a dumb question, but can you use a FI tank on a carbed monster?
Not a dumb question and yes you can use a FI tank on a carbed monster. 2 things to be aware of.

1) The seat cutout changed in (I believe) the year 2000, so if your carbed bike is older than that you may have/want to change the seat as well so it fits flush.

2) To make the fuel line work, you just run it from the return in the FI tank and plug/seal the outgoing line.

FI tanks have 2 fuel lines (one in, one out) and carbed tanks only have one out. Plus carbed tanks have the fuel pump and filter on the outside and FI tanks have them on the inside.

As long as the tank is metal it will work and there will be enough room underneath. I have no FHE with the plastic tanks though.

It's a pretty easy job, you just need a few other little things and it will work fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

2001cromo said:
Not a dumb question and yes you can use a FI tank on a carbed monster. 2 things to be aware of.

1) The seat cutout changed in (I believe) the year 2000, so if your carbed bike is older than that you may have/want to change the seat as well so it fits flush.

2) To make the fuel line work, you just run it from the return in the FI tank and plug/seal the outgoing line.

FI tanks have 2 fuel lines (one in, one out) and carbed tanks only have one out. Plus carbed tanks have the fuel pump and filter on the outside and FI tanks have them on the inside.

As long as the tank is metal it will work and there will be enough room underneath. I have no FHE with the plastic tanks though.

It's a pretty easy job, you just need a few other little things and it will work fine.
Good description Chromster.
I didn't know you could do it. Good day, I learned asomething new! [thumbsup]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

It's alread nasty over here! Glad I bought new tires for the truck! I was just rolling sipping my hot chocolate while people were sliding to the sides of the highway and doing 180's on the locals!

I'll keep you posted on the tank!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts