Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my tank back from getting fixed after I laid down my perfect showroom condition monster. I have to let any Ducati owners know that a guy named Boris at California Cycle and water craft is a genius when it comes to fixing the bad things that happen to your bike when it hits the pavement. My tank honestly looks better now then before the accident. It looks brand new and matches perfect. I was refered to his shop from the Ducati dealer in irvine CA. If you need your tank fixed then I recommend him.
I was very impressed with the end result. Google him at Califonia cycle and watercraft.
It's hard to trust someone with your favorite toy but he's the man.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I was glad to see your post because I have been wanting to get some dings out of my tank and have it painted a different color. I am in Southern California and have not known where to start and who to trust to repair and paint my tank. It is good to see your positive review for this place. I was wondering how much damage you had to your tank after laying it down and what did it cost for repairs and a new paint. Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Keep in mind that there is more to a good tank repair than looks. The inside should be coated with POR-15 & the hinge area should also be brazed. The unofficial DML tank repair guy these days is Ducpainter. I'm not saying that your guy didn't do all these things, but most don't.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Thanks for reiterating some important points. I hope I never get a tank ding, but I'll be searching up Norm's posts if I do. Thanks for the very valuable information Norm-I've heard you were one of the best tank repairer guys. [clap]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Norm, Thanks for the additional information. I will keep those things in mind. Do you do dent repair and painting? Do you know what kind of price range I would be looking at for dent repairs and a nice solid color paint job with Metallic flake?
Thanks
Craig

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I have some health issues that prevents me from doing it anymore but Ducpainter & I had lengthy discussions & I highly recommend him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts