Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a tank cover on a Monster 620 in Berkeley, CA. Very high quality, looked like leather. It was embroidered (sp?) with the Ducati Performance logo and covered the entire tank. Nice stitching and padding, etc...

Sorry I have no photos of it, but does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or better yet, where to get one. It looks like a good way to cover dings and dents-- assuming it's cheaper than a new paint job.

The closest I could find online was this one:

http://store.ducatiusa.com/search?q=tank+cover&&img=off

But I haven't seen it on a bike, so I don't know if it would cover the popular "D" ding (left side dent, right at the "D" in Ducati). Everyone whose bike has been dropped knows what I'm talking about...

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I have the tank cover and bag you are thinking of. It is leather and has Ducati Performance embroidered on the side. It is very high quality and the nicest tank cover I have ever seen on a monster. My bike is red with a white stripe and with this tank cover everyone thinks it is black. I am actually trying to sell this cover and the bag if you're interested. I googled the tank cover to find some prices and couldn't find it anywhere either. I guess they stopped making the leather ones.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Catalog Number

From 2010 DP Catalog the part number is 967132ABB, lists for $296 at local dealer (Redline Performance, in Yorktown, VA)

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I have the DP cover/bag also. The DP cover is made by Bagster for DP.

The DP cover and bag have different connectors than those sold directly by Bagster and the Bagster cover has multiple options for bag choices. The Bagster direct cover/bags also come in multiple colors where as the DP is only available in black.

Neither one is made from leather. The ones sold on the Bagster site are a smooth material (at least that's what it looks like in the pictures, no FHE) and the DP one is made of a material that has a sort of orange peel bumpy leathery look and feel to it. The material used on the DP cover/bag is actually the exact same used on some Mercedez seats. I know this because I had my cover modified to cover the stitching on the side and have Ducati wings added (you can see what I am talking about in my sigpic). The upholsterers pointed this out when they matched the material.

The DP model should fit on the 600. Even though it's not listed as compatible on the Ducati site, it is listed as compatible on the Bagster site as being compatible with MONSTER 600/695/750/900/1000-- S4-S2R/S4R. http://www.bagster.com/en/catalogue-couleur.php?id_moto=1719

1 - 6 of 6 Posts