Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm back on a bike for the first time in ten years and found a 98 Monster, so I bought it.

Well, my 18 yr. old bag is moldy and shot..

Recommendations?? Magnetic? Straps? (Although, I do like strapless :)^) ::)

Also, best seat pack?

Short overnight trips.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, do you have the 15L or the 20L bag? I'm concerned that the 20L maybe too big, but, since for now, it will be my only place to carry stuff... it may be the best option..

Plus, motostrano has it on sale for $101..

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Had the 15L, replaced it with a 20L. IMO the 20L is a more practical size. The 15 was a bit small, although if you just want to carry a few odds & ends on a day ride it is plenty big. I had used the 15 for touring and got in a spare shield, wee willy, a digital and 35mm camera, and a few other bits. I like to ride with it unexpanded, so I could have gotten in more.

Be sure you get the new style with the additional side flaps with magnets. The old style was a bit tippy and unstable in strong crosswinds. The new one is rock solid.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
No, I don't think you could get one in that bag. Acutally I don't think I've ever seen a tankbag that could hold a full face helmet, although I could be mistaken on that...

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ICON has a tank bag that has shoulder straps and a flap thingy (technical term) that will hold a ff helemt while you're on a walk about (not while you're riding).

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
There seems to be lots of TAIL packs that hold a fullface helmet. Nelson Rigg, Eclipse, Tour Master...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
My TourMaster Cortech 21 liter tankbag will hold my Arai Signet GT ff helmet. It won't hold a lot in addition to the helmet, other than what you could pack inside the helmet and around the sides.
The tailbag will hold the helmet too.

I'm pretty happy with the whole Cortech "package" I got.
More info here:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=forum1;action=display;num=1059601275

The tankbag is kinda big for a day ride, I'll get something a little more sporty for that.

It is a magnetic bag, and is very secure. It's kind of a PITA when filling the gas tank, so I'd really rather have the strap-on style from that standpoint. But, I'm sure the strap-on styles have drawbacks that I'll only find out about if I get one........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts