Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to have my tank painted and was thinking of making a "modification" to it. Instead of the "Ducati" badge, I am considering the old "Ducati Mechanica" emblem. Any opinions or other ideas? By the way, the bike is yellow. Thanks for the input.

Shep

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'll be doing the same when I get my tank painted. The Monsters seem to be the only modern Ducs that can look cool with the old logo.

There are quite a few "retro" logos out there. I was thinking of using a logo that translates in just one color. The logo color will be something that contrasts well with the tank color.

Remember to post the picks! Good luck.

·
Registered
236 Posts
A couple of years ago, I saw a very clean, minimalist Harley Sportster.

You know those ransom notes where all of the letters have been cut out of a magazine and glued to a sheet of paper? (All different types and styles of print, all crooked...) Well, the tank had "Harley Davidson" painted on in a way that it looked like a ransom note...Really cool.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go for it...personally I love the Meccanica logo.
...sides who wants Monsters to look all the same.
Post pic's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input. I'm still not certain, but if I do it I'll be sure to post pics. I took the image from bevelheaven and reproduced it in Photoshop at the two largest dimensions he sells. I printed them and stuck them on the tank and have been soliciting size opinions from everyone that stops by. So far no clear winner. I'll keep you posted.

Shep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking about the Mechanica logo except insert Monster for Mechanica. Maybe next time.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I have the "Flying D" on my 620. Will post a pic here if someone tells me how to post on my message.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts