Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, this is not my first rodeo. But I haven’t been in Monster world since my 20th anniversary M1100s. My first bike was an M620Sie, then an M900 followed by a Panigale 1199 and an MTS1200, etc. Always had Ducatis — this will me number 11 — and am now coming back to Monster-land with a 2019 1200s Anniversario.

On the ride from Hamburg to Berlin yesterday, I noticed, at 6’3” and 46 years old, that I’m going to have to make the kind of mods I’d long forgotten, since I’ve been riding a Multistrada and an XDiavel for a few years — I need more legroom and/or knee replacement surgery.

What are other taller riders doing to help? I’ve ordered the touring seat, but I fear what I really need are adjustable rearsets THAT ALLOW LOWER SETTINGS. Is there anything out there?

IIRC the lowering-peg kits from MFW Vario and others push your feet out so far it’s hard to hit the shifter/brake pedal. But I’ve only found rearsets that raise the footpegs.

I wonder if anyone’s gone the extra mile to machine his own? Or am I missing something on the market?

Thanks, Matt

PS I know clearance can be an issue, but I’m less concerned about that than I used to be. I’ll ride my multi on trips to the Alps and a V4 on the track, so I really just want this Monster to be a comfortable commuter.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Hi, I am also 6’3” and have made a couple simple mods to make for more legroom. I put a Sargent seat on that raised the seat height slightly and something similar if not the same as the MFW foot peg extenders to lower my feet. These quick mods were enough to make my legs way more comfortable! You are correct that the lowered pegs push your feet out and you will have to Toe-in to engage the brake and shifter. This I was on a 2001 S4 but I think the same products are available on the newer Monsters.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You are correct that the lowered pegs push your feet out and you will have to Toe-in to engage the brake and shifter.
I also bought the lowered footpegs shown above, after fitting, it was just too uncomfortable twisting feet in to operate gear and brake. There is a solution however, change the brake and gear pin, these are also 'offset' as are the footpegs, so that altering lever travel and position is not such a big issue, They also place the pin further out to allow selecting without that uncomfortable tow in.
see here ; RPPIF01 - Eccentric Lever Pin
Not clear in picture, they are eccentric and offset about 15mm. Requires removing old ones, drilling out rivet, then install with screw. Use washers/aluminium spacer and longer screw to place them further out if needed. Hint, use locktight or similar to fix, don't want them coming off at any time.
Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts