Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own a 2009 Ducati Monster 696 and I am taking her across the United States. Las Vegas to San Diego then all the way to Key West and back. I also do photography so I will be posting pictures of the whole adventure. We are going to be roughing it as much as we can. Even camping at some spots. I also will be joined by a good friend that is also doing the trip on a 2004 GSX-R 750. There also will be HD videos of certain parts of the trip and everything. We hope to also meet up some forum members and if you want ride with us in your part of the woods. We will also be stopping by various Ducati Dealers along the way. May 5th 2010 is when the adventure of a lifetime starts.

Spread the word around the forum too.

atouringmonster.blogspot.com

[email protected]

Thanks,

Jose

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good luck on your trip. I have dreamed of doing similar touring, not sure how far I can make it on a 696, and I hope the 696 proves worthy as a touring rig. I am pretty sure you will be more comfortable than your friend on the Gixxer.

I see from your blog that you have the seat and tank bags. I too have outfitted my bike with these and really want the Ducati side bags. Have you looked into them? I plan on winning the Illinois lottery next Wednesday so money should not be an issue.

Jim

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun. You should get a website to post pics from.

Something like posterous.com is good for quick blogging on the road. You can send text or pics via phone, computer, in a jiffy. Definitely would put that up in my RSS reader and read up on your travels!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Wow! Glad it's your ass and not mine. I love my 696, but anything more than about 150 miles is tiring, really tiring. If I was going to do what you have planned I'd get a Multistrada or a used ST3 or ST4. Regardless, good luck. Better get the DP touring seat too or your nuts will be close friends with your tonsils. Just for reference, I'm a "wrinkly geezer."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts