Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading a thread on www.multistrada.net about taking the seat off of a Multistrada, which also included some information about taking the tank off, and I have to say the Monsters are easy to work on compared to some of the other Ducati models. One of the posts mentioned that it "only" took 20 minutes to get the fuel tank off. That's about 10 times what a Monster takes if you want to completely remove it. Just lifting it up takes about 15 seconds. They need a major FAQ response for how to get the seat off. I think you have to remove the rear subframe to do it.

On Thanksgiving I basically took off everything from the footpegs back on my ST2 so that I could sort out the turn signals, license plate bracket, and brackets for the saddle bags. I spent several hours taking it all apart and getting it all back in place in the right order. There are several sets of parts you have to take off to get to other parts, which have to come off to get to what you wanted to take off to begin with.

I'm already missing how easy it is to get to everything on a Monster. Simplicity is a virtue.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
... which just reinforces my comment that you'll soon own another monster in the near future!
Yeah, come back to the dark side.

Kevin

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Scott, you've owned a red monster, you have a yellow ST2... it's time to get a black or dark monster next (OR the 749 dark)

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott, you've owned a red monster, you have a yellow ST2... it's time to get a black or dark monster next (OR the 749 dark)
I heard that you can now get the Multistrada in black.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I work on my monster all the time and it is a breeze to get to everything without having to deal with all of that fairing. I love naked Hmmm...ever since I was an adolescent...! ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts