Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just saw on the news a picture of a monster on it's side in the middle of the road. didn't catch where exactly but it was either the south side of brissie or the coast, and the news reported the rider died. it was a red and white S2R with polished, maybe staintune, pipes. i feel sick when i see things like that and i truly hope everyone takes extra care this xmas season, with drivers having so much on their minds this is a very dangerous time to be on the roads. my sympathies go out to the family and friends of the victim and i hope it was no one from here.
take care everybody.
paul.

G

·
Re: a sad day.......

totally agreed - what loony said...

I went out on the bike today (needed some beans again!) and saw SO MANY STUPID things done by lots of people on the road, people in cars and bikes alike. It is the silly season, but lots I witnessed today was needless stupid risk taking....

Keep safe out there y'all

G

·

I saw it too. They said it was Ashgrove.

Look out, look out there are idiots about. :mad:

Merry Christmas all and be safe.

CraigB

·
Registered
318 Posts

I hope it wasn't that young guy who came out with us a few weeks ago. :(
He had a red S2R and lowsided going down Mt G to the T intersection at low speed.
It was his first road bike. he didn't have polished pipes

hey Rick , any idea?

Poor bugger no matter who though.

N

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thats a total tragedy but one we see so often, another family, but sadly not the last by a long shot, will be having a Christmas they'd rather not have.

I see someone else got taken out by a car on Ipswich road on sunday and the car did a runner. Old matey from that one in hospital at least, hopefully not too bad.

Stay safe down there - I find it scary driving around Brissy in a truck somedays.

·
Registered
178 Posts
G i hope not coz i got a sms from im after this message was put up.

Again, Take care & safe squirts.

Rickoz

G

·
Does anyone know Steve who owns the Coffee Club place at Windsor. He rides a S2R800, but I think it is the tangerine colour. He had staintune pipes on his. Anyone heard from him?

CraigB

·
Registered
318 Posts
ducati900ie said:
Does anyone know Steve who owns the Coffee Club place at Windsor. He rides a S2R800, but I think it is the tangerine colour. He had staintune pipes on his. Anyone heard from him?

CraigB
don't know him craig.
Glad to hear you mate is OK Rick.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
goldFiSh said:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=51219.msg634897#msg634897

Steve aka Nosme. last post 10-11-06...... hasn't been around for a while so I hope he is OK...
Hi everyone!, thanks for the concern however I haven't had any incidents on my bike. I haven't been riding much lately but plan on a ride this weekend sometime.

I hope the news report was wrong and the rider was in with a chance......................
what can you say..........................very sad.

I would like to catch up for a ride in the new year, until then take extra care everyone.

Steve
PS We could start off from the Coffee Club Wilston ( the coffees can be on me if you like)

G

·
Good to hear from you Steve. [thumbsup]

Will be keen to have a ride once I return from Sydney. Anna and I have been to your coffee shop a couple of times since our ride. Your staff have a good look when I pull up on the Monster, I suppose to make sure it's not the boss coming back. ;)

Cheers

G

·
ducati900ie said:
Will be keen to have a ride once I return from Sydney.
If in Sydney, see if you can hook up with some of us for a coffee / beer / whatever - we are a friendly and (mostly) harmless bunch!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Nosme said:
Hi everyone!, thanks for the concern however I haven't had any incidents on my bike.
Good to hear. It's always sobering hearing about accidents, particularly serious ones, it's even harder when it's someone you know (even if you "only" know them online...)

Like Looney says, ride safe people...

big

G

·
If in Sydney, see if you can hook up with some of us for a coffee / beer / whatever - we are a friendly and (mostly) harmless bunch!
[thumbsup]

Thanks Goldfish. Will see what happens. I wont have my bike, bummer.

CraigB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts