Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting to do the chop for awhile and finally hacked it away tonight!

It took me awhile to do it because I couldn't find smaller signals then Lockhart/Philips flush mounts but today I found some K & S by accident at the Kawa dealer.

http://www.kandstech.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=821696|823421&PRID=1274689

I bought the Chrome w/ clear lens. Has anyone used this brand in the past? I mounted them under the panels on the side of the bike (where it says Ducati Monster Dark 620i.e.).

I am SO happy with the new look! Now, I have to figure out how I'm going to mount the license and brake light?!

Time to go diggin' through the archives for some examples.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, now let's see the pics! I need new signals, too! ;D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Herb,

I can send you a pic from my phone cam. The project turned out awesome! 8)

BTW..Love the Charlie Murphy/Rick James clip on your avator!! :D *LMAO* "Cocaine is a hell of a drug!" I love that show! The Prince episode was hilarious too. ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, please, send me a pic or two! You can use the e-mail address in my profile. Thanks.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That phone takes nice pics! Thanks for posting it Herb. I'm considering getting the black signals cuz they'll be concealed even more. The signals are about thumb-size.

After chopping the tail, the stock bar-ends fit perfectly in the open ends of the frame! I think someone else discovered that though?

Did you see that I cut the plastic tail piece off (about 1/3 into the length of the brake light) and then I cut it on an angle to flow into the tie-down bars. Looks smooth! ;)

Can you post the pic from the other angle? Thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dude..gimme a break..I took the pic with my phone cam. I don't have a digital cam yet. :'(

I'll try to get a better pic in the sunlight tomorrow. ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dennis..no apologies necessary! ;)

Herb..thanks for posting that other pic. I need to increase my resolution the next time I take a pic.

·
Banned
1,350 Posts
^ It doesn't take "guts", just a porta-band (or hack saw) and storage space to file the off-cut (trash can).

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
BUT... can the signals be seen by the person behind you so he doesn't rearend you when you are making a turn??

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The LEDs aren't that bright in the day but they are very visible at night. There's nothing that blocks them from view for the cars in back to see them.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

G-Ride..it took me almost a year to chop mine. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. Very simple though and there are many threads on here to help you do it right. I'm glad I finally did it.

:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts