Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put my turn signals in the frame ends. Does anyone make a
straight back turn signal light that I could mount out of each of the tail frame holes?
I'm doing a chop but want to keep the frame intact.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those pics are perfect for the idea I want on my bike. Those mount right into the frame holes right? Can you tell me where you got them or did you make them yourself. I'm thinking if I drilled a hole on the inside of the red frame end tubes I could run the wires through there and keep it very clean. Appreciate the pics and infor FLSurfDog...

·
Registered
439 Posts
here's the link
http://www.luxeonstar.com/sub_category.php?id=331&link_str=331

i used the white ones and then got some cone shaped lenses from advance autoparts then cut and sanded them till they fit flush with the frame.....worked great cause i had the LEDs mounted so the base was flush with the frame and only the light was sticking out....this with the lens gives a decent angle on the light.

had to grind out the inside of the frame a bit to make them fit....bit of a squeeze. and i ran the wires through the frame...drilled a hole on each side under the seat then sealed it with some silicone.

here's the pic.....again ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
665 Posts
Wait... whoa.... newbie question here. Those just look like bulbs... where are the sockets?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Duscati said:
straight back turn signal light that I could mount out of each of the tail frame holes?
Here's an option for the signals(almost at the end of the page).......... [thumbsup]

http://www.ducatisuite.com/tailchop.html

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Duscati said:
I'm just trying to understand what you're trying to do here. A chop without cutting the frame? Maybe I'm just missing something. I'd go with CA's Integrated LEDs. IMO frame-end blinkers are too small (less visible) for my peace of mind.

·
Registered
333 Posts
ExtraChief said:
that is an great price versus led turnsignals! is it an easy install...ie. plug and play? do you need any other stuff (bare with me i don't understand electrical stuff at all)...does it require a relay or resistor or some other "r" word ;)?

thanks,
julie

edit: ooops...looks i found my answer is this thread- http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=66937.0

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
flsurfdog said:
here's the link
http://www.luxeonstar.com/sub_category.php?id=331&link_str=331

i used the white ones and then got some cone shaped lenses from advance autoparts then cut and sanded them till they fit flush with the frame.....worked great cause i had the LEDs mounted so the base was flush with the frame and only the light was sticking out....this with the lens gives a decent angle on the light.

had to grind out the inside of the frame a bit to make them fit....bit of a squeeze. and i ran the wires through the frame...drilled a hole on each side under the seat then sealed it with some silicone.

here's the pic.....again ;D ;D ;D
If that black box under the tailight is a light for the license plate, you can use a lens from a Buell Blast wich is clear underneath thus eliminating the need for it. I purchased mine at my local Harley dealer special order for $9.00 and it is a perfect fit. Nice write up on the turns. P.S. you're missing an upper right license plate bolt ;D

·
Registered
439 Posts
LP said:
P.S. you're missing an upper right license plate bolt ;D

It happens ::)

and yeah i need to get the buell tail light with clear lense.....but i just got it back with the PCIII....need to write that up now....check the off to the duc shop thread soon.....not now....soon. it's friggin early

1 - 15 of 15 Posts