Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first, hi all.
Ive been reading through these boards for a little while now without saying hello....so hi.... but now i got something im sure you monster loves can answer.

I just purchased a new monster 695 as well as a pair of high level SIL carbon cans.
At the moment I have the bike locked up inside my garage but the damm door wont shut with the number plate attached. For the short run, ive just taken it off as im not going to be riding it for about 2 weeks or so but im interested to know if i can get the so called tail tidy "chop" to get rid of the extra distance that the number plate sticks out from stock and get that to work with the high level cans.

Im based in London England so im not completely sure what my options are. I have seen something on ebay that looks like the kind of thing i need, but ive no idea if this will work with high level cans.

This claims to be suitable for 2000/2006 monsters;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TAIL-TIDY-mad...7QQihZ004QQcategoryZ10448QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This claims to be suitable for 1993/1999 monsters;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TAIL-TIDY-mad...7QQihZ004QQcategoryZ10448QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looking at the stock part that ive removed, it has a 4 bolt pattern like the 1993/1999 but mine is an 07 bike so im assuming they have ditched the triangular shape.

You thoughts are much appreciated.

cheers

·
Registered
665 Posts
Get a bigger garage. [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
The years are screwed up on auctions. Prob. wont work with high mounts due to where the signals mount with both kits (directly beside the number plate). But that also depends on the exhaust, some pipes dont exit as high as other, even though they clam to be high mounts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there, Thanks for your reply

The exact cans are these below (on a m750). The area highlighted is the gap i want to close.

The bike fits perfectly without the number plate board :embarassed:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If only it was as easy as that. Living in London, space is very limited and this garage is actually not for cars or bikes, its more of an extension to the house to dump stuff in. Ive moved everything out and its just big enough for my bike to fit in and use the side stand, but its too long with the number plate board attached.

I got a reply from the dude selling the tail tidy sets and he seems to think that Hi Levels cans will not work with that setup.....$hit...

How have you guys and girls managed?

·
Registered
665 Posts
What area of London? I'm near Cirencester, in Gloucestershire.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I made a template out of cardboard and traced it on to a piece of .064 aluminum that I bought for $5. I got the shape right, then bent it with a pair of duckbill pliers. Hung it, laid out the plate location, drilled it and stood back and admired my handy work.

I purchased the materials to make a plate hanger for my 748 out of CF. Worked great, especially since its practically invisible. Finction over form in that case.

I wonder if I can scan the template and email it to you...will try later

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cookie has contacted me and we discussing it at the moment.

As to pics of the bike, indeed ill get some soon.
Its the same colour scheme as yours, black with a red frame, but my SILs are HI-Level Carbons ;D

Need to chop this damm tail.....Im half thinking I dont believe the ebay seller that said you couldnt use hi mounts as i cant really see why not. It might be tight but its mounted in the middle....the cans are high and to the side....shouldnt be an issue like you said. I might just gamble it and see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts