Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, it says I need to post here first to activate my account... not sure that's true since I seem to have an activated account anyway. But, hi. Anybody who happens to read this: I'm about to post a question about how to replace the plastic tail light assembly I just kicked off with my boot from my 2009 monster. It looks like it's one big piece of tail assembly plastic. I wonder if that's expensive???

DB

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
The fragility of the stock, rather thin and brittle, plastic turn indicators of the newer Monsters is a common complaint. If it were me I would not bother to replace stock but find a suitable aftermarket turn indicator set-up. Not only will you likely to wind up with stronger construction, but perhaps a sleeker look/style too. It may be necessary to do a fender elimination too but IMO this will improve the look of your bike as well. Then there is the integrated rear light set-up where your rear tail light incorporates the turn indicators under the same housing, that way there are no protruding turn indicators to kick off. I have done some internet searching for these for my m696 and my impression is that there are is currently only or or two such options available - at least on e-bay. I like the stock look of the newer monsters, but to me "cleaning up" the rear ends make an all ready great style even better. I am considering these options without waiting to kick off one of my turn indicators (m696) as so many owners have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts