Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm looking for one as well -- for a 2002 620 -- to replace a stock unit with a snapped off plate hanger bolt.

thanks.
mike

·
Registered
455 Posts
hehe... I want one too. Also for my 2002.

PM me if you've got one that'll work.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
you people are sick! ;D

well, mine is up for grabs... i see them on ebay from time to time as well. do you want my carbon cannister and stock mirrors, too?

·
Registered
455 Posts
In my opinion, the Monster just does not look right with high pipes and a chopped tail - tailpipes extending past the rear of the bike just looks wrong to me. Well guess what kind of pipes I have. I do not like the stock signals though and would like a spare plastic piece to experiment with fiberglass, etc. to change the look and configuration.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not actually going to use it on my bike - it is for parts and experimentation purposes only.

So if you object to your old tail going under the knife, you may not want to sell to me!

Anyone who has one for sale, please e-mail me with a price.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep updating this thread with your progress tweaking the stock tail. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
In my opinion, the Monster just does not look right with high pipes and a chopped tail - tailpipes extending past the rear of the bike just looks wrong to me.
Right, which is why you should get the Sil rounds that fit perfectly with a chopped tail. ;)

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Got a beer tray available, no fender. Want the chopped-off tube parts, too? Wanna make your tail extra-extra long?
I'm generally loathe to sell off stock parts, but considering that I've noplace to actually bolt the tray to anymore, theres not much harm in that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Doing a tail chop this weekend on a brand new Dark with 10 miles on it. I will have the frame tubes and the tail section available for sale to those who want it. I did a tail chop on my 900 2 weeks ago and transplanted the old parts on a m750 becuase the owner didn't like the way his Arrows looked on his wifes bike with the tail chop. The transplant came out great and the tech was able to match the gold paint on the frame. I will try and post some pics today. I agree that the Sils look great with a chopped tail because the pipes are shorter than most. I went with the new ovals and they line up great with the tail light.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
can someone post a pic of these "new" sils. I'm really liking the look of the SIL OVAL, have the shotned up the pipes ??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts