Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a guide to doing a tail chop on a monster....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Anyone know of a guide to doing a tail chop on a monster....
Here's what I did when I decided the TVtray/mudflap had to go. I looked at every pic of a Monster that I could find. That included the gallery here, Readers Rides on ducati suite and Outragious Monsters on ducs unlimited connection. I finally settled on the fender eliminator kit from ProItalia. And I'm still tickled to death with it.

What you decide on will probably be different but you'll at least get a look at what others have done. BTW, Scott's tail chop is one of the nicest/cleanest I've seen. I just prefer a little more of a factory look for mine. :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Pro-Italia tail piece is nice, the angle of the license plate can get you grief from the local constabulatory if they are breaking chops though, I've been warned twice about it

·
Registered
400 Posts
The Pro-Italia tail piece is nice, the angle of the license plate can get you grief from the local constabulatory if they are breaking chops though, I've been warned twice about it
I was concerned about the same thing, especially since I'm the local constabulary here. ;D And that was the reason I chose the ProItalia kit; the angle still allows the plate to be visible from behind and the license plate light can be mounted (which I did).

A low angle shot from behind. :)

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I personally dont like a chopped tail.But i hate the stock tv-stand lookalike rear fender.I have a CarboTech rear fender which i personally just LOVE!!! I think chopped tails make the silencers stick out way too much........And cut down silencers looks funny to me,but thats my personal opinion.But im glad we all have different tastes :) :) Would be a boring world with ALL Monsters with chopped tails or stock rear fender.The C.T. rear fender i have is the shortest rear fender with no framecutting.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
my tail chop is 100% homemade... no kit.... I love how it looks!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Since we're showing our stuff. ;D

Rear angle shot showing tail chop and new Arrow cans.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
still dont like the look of low mounts on a chopped tail but jb's got the best looking chop.

i also like the look of the duc without the side pieces. I might take mine off. Less is more on a nekid bike.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry - old pics. Here's my tail with the Sil High mounts.

;)

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's lookin' real sweet JB!

·
Registered
400 Posts
As a side note. Even though the treatment of my tail is different from the other's pictured in this thread, I truely love the way the other bikes look. Clean, simple and very well thought out! These bikes just beg to be modded! ;D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mike,

Here in Florida the bad news is we don't have any downtime in winter ;D. Maybe I'll paint them over the holidays . . ..

jb

·
Registered
400 Posts
Mike,

Here in Florida the bad news is we don't have any downtime in winter ;D.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts