Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to chop my tail... on a 99 M750.
Just want to make sure I got all my ducs in a row first... ;D

What to do with the seat release cable that goes through the frame piece that I am about to cutoff?

What have others done? I know one could get creative here...but would love to see some others ideas..any pics?

or...any info/ideas would be great..

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
How extreme of a tail chop are you performing? It seems like you would have to cut quite a bit off to reach the seat release cable. Also, there is a step by step tail chop in the FAQ section of this website that should be helpful. I don't know if you've seen that yet. It looks like a pretty slick job.
dave

·
Registered
413 Posts
Good luck Duckets !! Let me know if you want to borrow my sawz-all :)

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the same bike. I just cut the tail off my self. I removed the cable and put a tie strap in it's place. Works just fine for me. It hides under the seat so no one can see it.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Here's what I did.
Image 1
Image 2
Sorry no pics 'cause I chichened out on the chop and reverted to stock on the cable.

I did something a little different than DJ. I ran the cable from the lock across the back of the tail just behind the brake light, instead of bringing it forward on the same side as DJ did.
I then ran it forward PAST the release mechanism (on which I'd reversed the cable guide like DJ shows).
Finally, I put a loop in it of about 2" diameter in order bring it back to the release from its forward position on the bike.

I hope this description makes some sense to you.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey..thanks for the responses...
gave me a few ideas..

I guess I will start with trying to make it work with the cable..and if need be just ditch the cable and use the tie strap approach that was mentioned...

thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts