Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after months of psyching myself out, I finally chopped it. I think it looks great. The problem now is I can't find turn signals for the front that not only match the rear but also clear the front wind screen. The only way I could use the same type on the front was to remove the wind screen. So I did that, but I'm not sure I like the look without the screen. So I've been searching for some small signals taht look good AND clear the front wind screen. I need help. Oh and I'd rather not use LEDs. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
+1 on drilling a new hole. thats what I've done when i installed my new rizoma track 01 LED indicators.

the other option is to purchase the ducati relocator brackets that you get when you buy the ducati aftermarket indicators. part # 97071S01A. But expensive!

·
Registered
474 Posts
ps Alfa dude....... which tail chop do you go with? it looks great. were the plugs part of it?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made the bracket myself. I used a piece of sheet metal and bent it down for the license plate. I cut it to size to fit in the indentation on the plastic piece above the tire. Fits in there flush, so it looks real good. There are two holes there for the plastic to bolt into place. I used those two holes to also secure the bracket. You have to make your measurements real accurate because the holes are off centered because of the key latching deal. I put the bracket in place. Lining up the rear light gave me the dimensions to drill two more holes for the rear light. Then I used 4 L brackets from Home Depot to mount the turn signals and rear light using those two holes. The turn signals are $20 Lockhart Philips. You can then just paint the bracket and you are done. I chose to wrap mine in that vinyl carbon look alike stuff. I know it is a bit ghetto but you really can not see it. The end plugs for the frame where my stock bar end plugs. I have bar end mirrors so they were just lying around. I think you can get some for like two bucks from your local dealer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I removed my front turn signals after my homemade tailchop, bought new/smaller ones and then decided to go sans front signals. It looks great without them. Also 20 gauge shotgun shells (spent) make great frame plugs.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts

somewhat inspired by the OE brackets... added the D logo and it's titanium ;D

·
Registered
121 Posts
hey alfa dude,

This is Alex. We met at the bike night last thursday and recognized your handle and bike. I just thought of a possible solution to your turn signal problem. Can you add spacers for the signals to clear your windscreen by moving them out?

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
looks like he's running the motrax signals, same as me. there isn't enough thread to move the signal clear of the windscreen. drilling the headlight bracket lower, or getting/making one to mount it lower works [thumbsup]

·
Registered
474 Posts
looks mint Teddy [thumbsup]

well done. good look.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
+ 1 on drilling it worked good for me. Although the custom Ti mounts look sweet! [thumbsup]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts