Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hacked the frame for the compwerks eliminator. I had a difficult time getting the supplied frame plugs to fit in the chopped end, but once they were in, it cleaned up the exposed frame perfectly. Once they went in, I noticed they are easy to pop out and my concern is that they'll pop out during a ride. Without having to spend more $$ (insert wife starting to complain here...) can I just super glue them in??? Your thoughts are greatly appreaciated.

Tom

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I just used some black duct tape and cut very small pieces and placed them on the plug ends. Works like a charm! Tight fit.

Lou

·
Registered
87 Posts
I used the plugs from an old set of MTB climber bars. fit snug and haven't come out.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
I used these, handlebar end plugs meant for road bicycles. They fit very snug so you should never have to worry about them falling out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just finished my tail chop operation but i haven't had time to take pictures for everyone yet. but for the frame plug, i got the black rubber end covers from "osh" (7/8" dia. for 50 cents ea. [thumbsup]) which works out perfectly since i got some paint off by mistake close to the end frame when i was performing the operation. i was going to touch up the end, and then i found that cover piece which returns and covers the entire frame end by 1" and it looks very finished. i didn't put any glue so far and it hasn't come off from one ride. i am planning to get some rubber cement from any art store and put that on and i am sure that it would be enough. also, the nice thing about the rubber cement is that you could rub all the glue residue off if you need to, so... [clap]

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
fatlab said:
Goldenchild, where did you purchase those at? Anywhere online? Thanks

Yep, right here

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
goldenchild said:
I used these, handlebar end plugs meant for road bicycles. They fit very snug so you should never have to worry about them falling out.
Just ordered them right now. Thanks Goldenchild!

Tom

·
Banned
402 Posts
You can also use spent 20 gauge shotgun shells. They fit nicely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts