Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have noticed that the tail chop conversion on the Monster can divide opinions, i have carried out the mod on my S4

The rear section (Dustbin lid) in my opinion may be functional but it doesn't improve the aesthetics of the bike, the works can be reversed if you dont bin the removed bits, so my S4RS is having the tail chop today

photos of the Circumcision to follow

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordering a set of MIVV GP Carbon cans tonight (See image), so a set of Termignoni carbon cans are up for sale.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why not just chop the Termi cans? I took 4.5" off mine and it looks great with the tail chop.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not just chop the Termi cans? I took 4.5" off mine and it looks great with the tail chop.
EmmDeePee
it appears that the end of the carbon tube outer has been expanded, to allow the stainless steel caps to be inserted without reducing the diameter of the inner tube of the exhaust. I have attached a couple of photos to try and show the step/expansion at either end. Were the cans you shortened from a S4RS and if so when you cut the 4.5" off did the end cap go back in ok.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine looked the same way, so I was a bit nervous doing the chop, but I had seen a lot of old threads on forums with others doing it so I went through with it anyway. Thankfully, the endcaps slipped right back in with no issue. It's well worth the effort, IMO.

·
Registered
40 Posts
MIVVs and RoadsItalia offer alot for a very good price. But theres no such thing as a free lunch.
Construction, fit, finish and sound are not at the same level as SilMoto or Leos and def not Termis.
We have all on different bikes in our shared garage, Arrow too, and you do get what you pay for to a large degree.
Whether its worth the extra cash, hard to say.
That said, the Roads Italia i puyt on my M900 were 360,euro delivered. Half the price of the Sparks i really wanted. I couldn't justify 750 euro pipes on a 2600 euro bike. The pipes look and sound good from 2m away. Get up close and you can see the savings. Stil happy with them tho.

I'd shorten the Termis.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
EmmDeePee,
thank you for that, i have had a think about it and i am still going forward with the MIVV carbon GP option, my idea/thinking is that the tail chop can be reversed so i will keep the Termi's standard as i think they were part of the Ducati Performance kit and everything else of the Ducati Performance kit is on the bike, and the OEM components are also with the bike

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dvy
we have several exhaust manufacturers here in the UK, varying quality for all budgets, i cant remember ever having an SP set up.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Dvy
we have several exhaust manufacturers here in the UK, varying quality for all budgets, i cant remember ever having an SP set up.
I am aware of that. Forgive me if I came across as insinuating otherwise. If my bike had not been equipped with one of their slip-on setups when I purchased it, I likely would have never heard of them. Especially considering they have no distribution network in the US that I'm aware of. However I'm quite fond of their quality and sound. I'm pretty sure those slip-ons would outlast 3 of my bikes. Which probably sums up their low production, high quality philosophy and lifetime warranty on all their products.
Outstanding customer service and support as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have noticed that the tail chop conversion on the Monster can divide opinions, i have carried out the mod on my S4

The rear section (Dustbin lid) in my opinion may be functional but it doesn't improve the aesthetics of the bike, the works can be reversed if you dont bin the removed bits, so my S4RS is having the tail chop today

photos of the Circumcision to follow
I agree it looks better, unfortunately here in Australia it effects insurance, as it's considered a chopped/modified frame

·
Registered
294 Posts
I agree it looks better, unfortunately here in Australia it effects insurance, as it's considered a chopped/modified frame
When I think of Australia, I think of guys like Toecutter and the Night rider running around unhinged and no one bothering them. I guess those days are gone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts