Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to take anything away from the plate brackets that Retro is selling but I am fabricating one out of stainless steel.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tonyj, I should be down @ Bob's on Saturday. Hopefully I'll have the new tail on the bike by then. I should be getting them from the fab shop on Thursday and hopefully will have the holes popped by Saturday for final fitment. Matt, I'll shoot you an email about ETA and pricing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Monsta,

I am going to be hacking off the tail of my monster and would be interested in a bracket. Do you have one available? Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
216 Posts
you need any help getting your bike on the road?
Not at this point. I'm waiting on an oil cooler and the valve cover mount for it (should be here this week). I think I can live with a ding in the tank and a scratch on the frame/fork. The damage wasnt that bad - even though the ins company totalled it. Right now I just want to ride! So far I've replaced the headlight, blinker cups, front fender (needs paint), handle bar. Nothing real difficult - yet. Hopefully my measurments are accurate and the frame/fork are straight! If not I'm sure I'll find out as soon as I ride it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can get a picture of the bracket on my bike and a picture of the bracket in its current state. They are about .5 through the machining process. I am having the work done on this "government project" after hours at work so that is why there has been such a time delay.

I will try to get them posted by tomorrow. I am not sure how to get a pic posted but I will give it a try. I had my yahoo account hijacked so that is why I hadn't gotten back with you Matt.

Gunny, are you doing a full tail chop or just removing the lower mudguard? The way the design is now, it will mount up to the four holes from the lower mudguard. If you are removing the entire tail, I can see what it would take to adapt one of these brackets and get back with you.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need to know the spacing of the bolts that you want to mount it to center to center. I also need to know what width you want the bracket that mounts under your seat and how deep you want it. The plate mount is currently just under seven inches wide and the plate is under 5 inches wide. If you have autocad or something that can read a DXF, I can e-mail you that.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went and talked to the CNC guy and he has already got the bracket cut for mounting it under the stock tail (current 4 bolt pattern) We can take a look and see what it would take to mount it for a full tail chop and either...
a) Cut down the current design, mount that to a flat plate that mounts to you bike.

or

b) Write up a third CNC program to accommodate the full tail chop. The only problem is I would have to buy more stainless sheet stock to do this again and that is the catch. It is $50 for one and $56 for four (that is how I ended up with extras).

All I am trying to pay for here is the metal stock and the CNC time. That is the only reason we are able to keep the pricing so low. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
MonstaS4.. sorry but you can't load an image from your home computers local drive. You'll need to post it here on the DML or on some other web accessible location.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts