Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Tail Chop 90%

733 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  AZMnstr 
G
#1 ·
i took the big step and chopped the tail off. Easy process once I got my brackets made. It looks great with the flush mount signals. However I ran into a small problem , Frame Plugs! I got some from my dealer but they were too big. Then I went to a bike shop and got some frame plugs but all I could get were some mismatced plugs with holes in the middle. Anyway do you guys know of any site where I can order some. I've run out of options in Kuwait

#5 ·
7/8" furniture end caps. They fit over the end real purty-like. You will have to snip out a little of the right one to fit snugly around the seat lock. Any hardware store will have them. Or, you could go balls-out and steal some out of Saddam's palace in Tikrit.

G
#6 ·
Pull out your barends with pliers and stick them in the back end. That's what I did when I chopped mine last month. Then order some-nicer-than stock barends for the bars. I bought some at Cyclemoto for $12. Cool silver ones to match my bike with a little (fake) carbon fiber. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.