Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have this problem, my '02 900i.e. tach needle is almost at zero when I'm at idle, say waiting at a stop light,
weather I'm in neutral or in gear, the bike runs perfect once I get rolling the tach needle reads the RPM correctly, also the bike doesn't stall when I'm at idle is just that the needle drops to almost zero, I took the bike to the dealer and after the technician hooked up the scanner to the bike and play with it for a little bit said that "Monsters didn't even have tachs years ago, the scanner showed the right readings" Can I fix this myself, maybe a loose something somewhere, I don't want to leave my bike at the dealer, sometimes it takes a whiiiiiiiiiiile to get your bike back ???

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've got the same problem on my 1999 M750, although in my case I have a RoadRacing tachometer which was added on later. The needle is at / near zero when idling, but jumps to 4000, 5000 immediately when I'm rolling...
I was planning to investigate it some of these weeks, I'll let you know if I find something. My guess it's it's a loose cable or so...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts