Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it is my turn to have a 'posessed' tach. Needle is bumping around in the midrange, between 3 and 5K. It is a stock unit, not the DP aftermarket others have reported problems with.

So, Scott or anyone else who's had tach issues, other than replacing it, were you able to fix it? On the 2000 M900 is it all electronic, no cables to lube?

TIA

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Re: Tach needs and exorcism!

My tachometer still bounces around, starting at 4300 rpms, and doesn't smooth out again until somewhere past 7000. I understand that you can add a resistor and capacitor to the wiring to smooth it out, but haven't tried it yet.

I just ignore it most of the time.

T

·
0 Posts
My Tach is also bouncing between 2-4k and sometimes just sits at 0. I have a 1999 900S and I live in Atlanta where temps get in the low 90s. Does anyone think this could be related to heat? What steps do you take to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
38 Posts
My tach has the Devil in it. Sometimes when I turn the motor off it sits at 3K. Most of the time it works fine. I just attribute it to Bologna engineering. The bike is under warranty but I figure if I take it in to get it replaced they will mess the bike up. So...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts