Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about picking up one of these blackberry pearl phones. But, they're only available from t-mobile. If you have t-mobile, how's your experience with them in the area? I'm actually pretty happy with my razr/cingular combination in terms of coverage and quality, but I'm lusting after some enhanced messaging and internet services.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I prefer a normal set of keys too... the screen on the perl looks like it might be nicer than the blackjack though. I was also wrong, you can get the perl from cingular after all...

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
double keys aren't so bad. gm2 recently got a 7130c (same keyboard), ask him how he feels about it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
About the Pearl: I have one and I think it's pretty frikkin snazzy. The double keys don't bother me either. Granted, I came from a standard phone, so I wasn't accoustomed to a full QWERTY keyboard.

About the service: I switched from Verizon which is VERY reliable. T-Mobile...not so much. It's definitely a downgrade, HOWEVER, there's a lot more bang for the buck with T-Mobile whereas Verizon reams you for everything.

My $.02.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
madmatt said:
About the Pearl: I have one and I think it's pretty frikkin snazzy. The double keys don't bother me either. Granted, I came from a standard phone, so I wasn't accoustomed to a full QWERTY keyboard.
i went from a full keyboard blackberry to a 7130c. the only time it really bothers me is when i have to enter in my (strong, work-network) password for certain work-related applications (lots of odd punctuation that aren't on the front-level keys).

madmatt said:
About the service: I switched from Verizon which is VERY reliable. T-Mobile...not so much. It's definitely a downgrade, HOWEVER, there's a lot more bang for the buck with T-Mobile whereas Verizon reams you for everything.
verizon = great coverage, but expensive
cingular = work pays for my phone/service, but i've been very happy with coverage and service

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
in socal, and a lot of other metro areas, tmobile buys their network coverage from cingular. the difference is phones, service plans, and cs. I've been mostly happy with tmobile for the last 3-4 years, much more so than my 4 years with sprint.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
sqweak said:
in socal, and a lot of other metro areas, tmobile buys their network coverage from cingular.
any word on whether that means cingular phones would get priority on the network?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
derby said:
double keys aren't so bad. gm2 recently got a 7130c (same keyboard), ask him how he feels about it.
for a day i hated it then it was magically simple. SureType is pretty amazing... it even gets most of my profanity correct. don't look for the "right" letter; just type out whatever you want to say and the phone will figure it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts