Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Re: T-minus week & 1/2 to BikeWeek, whose comi

Me, Me, Me, Me, Me !

I'm riding up several days during the week from Merritt Island as weather permits. I'll be at the Ducati Party Friday, March 5. It will be same place as last year - at the kart track behind Hooters at the Speedway. Starts at noon. Also plan to attend the Daytona 200 on Saturday.

Depending on what's up in the evenings, I'll probably head home most afternoons to take care of the young'un. If something special is up, I might be able to make arrangements to stay into the evening.

Hammer, PM me with your cell number. I didn't hang on to it after Biketoberfest. Also, are you still looking for the choke cable to replace yours?

O

·
0 Posts

i will be over at the party on friday. i'll ride over in the morning and stay all day . say hi if you can ;)

·
Premium Member
342 Posts

I intend to go to the party on Friday (trailering up :eek: with a buddy and his '76 900SS). Oneducs, I'll look for you there. I hope to meet some of the other people on this board and experience a taste of Bike Week for the first time. Don't forget to bring something for Paul Smart to sign!!!

O

·
0 Posts

great see you there RK . why the trailer?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

I was at a bike week in Myrtle Beach a few years back- crap 8 years ago, I am getting old. Look up on top of the hotels and scan they area for snipers. No kidding, the cops were EVERYWHERE that weekend, and they had snipers up on top of the hotels on the strip.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts

I'll be there from Thursday thru Sunday. I'm staying in Flagler & riding a red Guzzi, I'll probably stop in the Duc party, but usually spend most of my time at the tents & around the new bikes.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

bikeweek in Daytona...that takes me back! I HATED living in Daytona that week, spring break, and all the other weeks...can't drive anywhere! Enjoy the week, guys...tell 'em MC sent ya!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts

Norm, you'll be in luck riding the Guzzi to the Duc Party. They usually have the good bike parking near the entrance reserved "For Italian Bikes Only".

O

·
0 Posts

so are we there yet . looking forward to meeting some of you there. should be a good time .

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

I'll be down there Thurs - Sunday. I plan on stopping in at the Duc party @ Speedpark.

Is anyone going to the 200, I'll be sitting up in Winston/Nextel Tower.

M

·
0 Posts

I won't make it til raceday, will try to sit at start/finish line up high in the bleachers. Probaly take a Breemer down, the old lady dosen't like to ride on the back of the Duc.
P.S. My daughter loves it though!!! Daddy, let's take the red Italian Stallion and wheelie!!!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts

My daughter and I will be at the 200. We're going to be in the unreserved grandstand moving around to keep an eye on the Turn 1 area and be able to see up the front straight as well. We tried this last year and liked the view.

Next year when the kid is 12 and I have to pay for her too, I'll get the good tower seats. I can't see having to pay for an extra reserved seat as long as she can get into the general grandstands free :D

·
Premium Member
922 Posts

Damn. I give. For the second time since 1984, I will be missing Daytona. Have fun without me.
Doc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts