Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mate chris (blue sr4) and i and possibly bruce (black s2r) are going for lunch to robertson ;)
if anyone else is feeling like a bite to eat; and a ride; post up

perhaps "the local boys"? mmick, duckmonrob - are you reading this and contemplating "chucking a sickie"?

cheers!
melvin

ps
juzzie, paul; are you there?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Re: [Sydney] Tomorrow, Thusrday 26.10 - ride anyone?

hey melvin.
I could be on for this.
details?

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts

Sorry mate , Sat is good for me ;D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

kickstart said:
hey melvin.
I could be on for this.
details?
GREAT [clap]
well, we were thinking of meeting for a kick-start [cheeky] coffee probably @ coluzzi as it's easy to park
time? to be decided but say 9am? i doesn't really matter as it's not a boot camp. will txt you in the evening with details
would love to see you, mate..............and kick tyres of your new bike [thumbsup]

'later, mate

·
Registered
491 Posts

Forecast for Thursday
Cloudy but mostly fine. Moderate to fresh southeast winds, tending east to northeast later.

Precis: Cloudy. Mostly fine.

City: Min: 16 Max: 21
West: Min: 12 Max: 23

·
Registered
45,105 Posts

melvin said:
well, we were thinking of meeting for a kick-start [cheeky] coffee probably @ coluzzi as it's easy to park
time? to be decided but say 9am?
Let me know what time you're meeting up for coffee - I'm way too busy to make the ride, but I can probably spare enough time for a coffee or two...

big

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

will do

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

Mmmmmmm...........very tempting! :-\

I will have to give it a miss this one Melvin.

I`m off to the US on Tuesday.

I`m free Monday though! [thumbsup]

Any way we will have to get together somtime for that sound off! [thumbsup]

Rob

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

kickstart said:
hey melvin.
I could be on for this.
details?
bigiain said:
Let me know what time you're meeting up for coffee....
09.30 @ Bar Coluzzi
322 Victoria St, Darlinghurst

----------------------
big, do not confuse it with Le Petit Creme, Shop 2, 116-118 Darlinghurst Rd >:D

G

·

melvin said:
big, do not confuse it with Le Petit Creme, Shop 2, 116-118 Darlinghurst Rd >:D
[laugh] [laugh] see big, melvins a wise guy....

have a great ride fellas. Melvin have a chicken pie for me.. I will be thinking of that smooth new road and the twisties whilst I attend a tender site visit :mad:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

it was a TOPS day
beginning with a breakfast @ coluzzi where il mostro has graced us with his presence, big was there too
than a great, leisurely day stress-free and a super ride

THANKS guys.......lets do it again

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
goldFiSh said:
awesome! finally a glimpse of the KTM! How'd it go dave?

well done fellas!
some random thoughts.

KTM went really well, apart from the blue air filter oil that started seepeing out of the side cover.

Rides easy as its light and simple to throw around. The real test was in the twisties where this bike shone. I ended up too hot on some bends and just simply threw the bike down and it went around the corners with ease.

Tyres feel very firmly planted to the ground. Suspension needs a little tuning, maybe a little less preload on the rear but thats it.

Seat is ok when wearing leathers (in jeans it wants to tear me a new #$%hole). I had to stop on the freeway for some pain relief - but only once. Gel seat arrives any day now.Oh how i miss that old sargent seat!

Power from the 620-odd donk was excellent, I never ran out of grunt. The gearing is a little odd - its hard to maintain speed limit in the same way the monster was, but I think I'll get used to it.

I expected highway legs to be painful. It wasn't as easy on the monster, but still I got it to 150 on the way home and maintained 120 comfortably.

Fuel economy was as good as the monster - I expected it to be worse - I got 20kms per litre. And the tank is 12 litres so I should get at least 200-220 kms in varied riding conditions. I think I'll stop my search for the long range tank for the moment.

thats about it. Two memorable Melvin moments were him telling me that the KTM would make a good second bike [laugh] [laugh] and that it wasn;t worth spending money on [laugh] [laugh].

I had a great day (considering I was meant to be at the office). Thanks Melvin!

G

·
I love daves "random thoughts" posts, they are always a good read [thumbsup]

its early days, but sounds like you made the right decision. You sound like you're enjoying riding again, a very good thing..

Oh, and the sargent doesn't miss you, well maybe it does, but its not going anywhere ;D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kickstart said:
I had a great day (considering I was meant to be at the office). Thanks Melvin!
always nice to catch up with you, dave
while on the subject of highway travel; i'm totally not used to it as it's terribly boring and i always avoid it
but it was getting late and cold yesterday so i've left the pie shop, flew down the twisties overtaking everything that moved; with care as this double lane can be very slippery >:D and continued on via the freeway straight home
started feeling cramps in my left 2 small fingers; feeling totally alien to my. so while cruising 120-130km/h took of my left hand from the handle bar to wiggle my fingers
and than it was "oh, ****" i couldn't stretch my fingers to grab a handle bar back again and the pain was excruciating
left hand means clutch and its a bit awkward to cruise one handed. but i did put this cramped hand on the handle bar after a few tries and just left it there. but refuse to stop; melvin is no soft-cock ;D
than my hips started cramping up so i forgot about the hand [laugh]
all in all in over an hour i was back in surry hills - home of therapeutical massages ;)

these are mine random thoughts

ps
but the ohlins in the twisties were out of these world; the bike felt rock solid and inspired a level of confidence exceeding my level of skills
time for new pilot powers for the monster and a track bike for honing the riding skills

1 - 17 of 17 Posts