Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
bigiain said:
I smsed CHris with the S4R but haven't heard back (Melvin, have you mentioned it to him?)

i've lotd him, but most likely he will be busy
however, maybe my mate with a new gixxer will join us

yeah, i'm going to ride ahead if you guys don't see me.

When going around some corners, act normal, get the knee down ! LOL
Most likely i'll be strategically positioned to take action pics ! ;)

Discussion starter · #44 ·
bloody gravel :mad: .............or could it be that old melvin should stick to 4 wheels? i think we need a poll ;)

thanks rob, mmick and the rest of you, guys [thumbsup] rob, i'm ever so grateful [clap] [thumbsup]
big - saturday's coffee is on me; thanks, mate

now let me take my prozac and meditate

melvin said:
bloody gravel :mad: .............or could it be that old melvin should stick to 4 wheels? i think we need a poll ;)
We went back but you and Big had left...I took pics, will mail to you...glad you're ok.

Couple of pics...

[attachment deleted by admin]

What happened to Melvin? Did he come off? I hope not?

More Pics if any..................PLEASE

Egas

there will be lots more pics egas!

there was (at the peak) 17 (yes 17) riders out that are either oon the DML or friends of DML members in Syd!

Let's see if I get everyone:

bigiain, rachel, melvin, lillith, zee on 'blade, daveyoung, mickyb, phil (on the Falco), paulc, michael (paulc's brother), monstermick, simon (mmick's mate on the blade), ducmonrob, kickstart, jayb, mickyb's mate on the yami (sorry forgot his name).... oh, and goldFiSh!!

that would make in duc speak:
3x S4Rs
1 x S2R1000
1 x S2R800
1 x M900
1 x M800
1 x M750
1 x M695
2 x M620

11 monsters!!! [clap]

Awesome effort people, and a great day out, all until Melvins encounter:

melvin said:
bloody gravel :mad: ..
thanks rob, mmick and the rest of you, guys [thumbsup] rob, i'm ever so grateful [clap] [thumbsup]
big - saturday's coffee is on me; thanks, mate
Mate, my heart sunk when I came back with Lill looking for you guys, I hope you're OK and feeling better real soon.

As usual, big thanks tol the DMLers for lookin out for each other , esp the usual suspects - big, mmick, ducmon et al..

Sorry i disappeared guys !
I got attacked by the local fauna ! . . serious !!!
Two leeches got into my glove and my hand was bleeding for like 10mins ! - Phil (Falco) and I decided to call it a day.

I took a wrong turn and found an awesome corner to take pics, I put my glove on the ground and by the time I put it back on to ride back a couple of leeches made their way in. My hand was bleeding for like 10mins !

Here is the corner, some dude on a Ninja managed to get snapped up.
I can see Paul knee sliding around there ! ;D

I'll post up some pics from today.

My mate Phil reckons we are a top bunch and would like to come to future rides.

Hi Everyone,

Had an awesome day today, look forward to meeting you all again soon. Was considering listing my bike for sale this weekend but after todays ride that won't be happening untill its time to upgrade ;D

Melvin, hope you're bike doesn't take too long to fix :(

Cheers,
Jay [thumbsup]

Some pics . . .

Phil (sitting on my Monster) and Jay.

Paul's bling . . .

Running repairs . ..

The police line-up at Wollongong police station! ;D ie, the front runners !!

Melvin's bling !
Sorry to hear about your spill dude ! :-[

turning Japanese because I think so . . . . Lol
Where I was washing my hands and trying to stop the bleeding.

Had a great day out [thumbsup] Thank you to all that turned up and made such a great day.

Jay........

Don't selll the bike mate.. [thumbsup]

Melvin,

Glad you are OK mate [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Damn!! Sounds like it was a good day out. Would have loved to come but i think i was still intoxicated this morning.

Melvin - was there another crash today??

If anyone's at colluzi tomorrow, drop me a line. Working from 0600 to 1400. Always up for a coffee :police:

Discussion starter · #54 ·
thanks again, guys, for your concern. that's a such a nice feeling that mates actually do care [thumbsup]
i'm fine, will live on bread and water (and coffee) for a while and will fix the bike. and than probably will sell it; have to think it over

thanks again for the warm words

Melvin, good to hear you're OK.

You're right, it's nice to know that people round here look after each other.
It was not that long ago where I was the recipient of lots of help from my DML buddies, so I know what you talk about from first hand experience.

The people who really deserve mention and commendation are also the ones who never will ask for it, nor anything in return.

You guys had lunch at the pub in Kangaroo Valley? Was staying near there at a B&B and saw a rather large contingent of Monsters parked there, Saturday lunchtime... :)

DUCMONROB said:
That was us!

There was about 10 Monsters!

Great to see us comming together like that! [thumbsup]
Yeah, it was good. No silver/black ones, so mine wouldn't be out of place :). As nice as the roads are, damn, it should be like Tassie, where roads like that are at your back door.

Or, rather, why did I have to get a job in Canberra :).

ellingly said:
Yeah, it was good. No silver/black ones, so mine wouldn't be out of place :). As nice as the roads are, d**n, it should be like Tassie, where roads like that are at your back door.

Or, rather, why did I have to get a job in Canberra :).
Hey Ellingly,

Whereabouts are you from in Tassie?? Our roads are great, but I would love to have the amount of Monsters they had on the ride to go riding with I do not know anybody else with a monster here in TAS :'(. Well I do know of one, he owns the Ducati shop in Launceston but thats how I know him.

Egas

egas said:
Hey Ellingly,

Whereabouts are you from in Tassie?? Our roads are great, but I would love to have the amount of Monsters they had on the ride to go riding with I do not know anybody else with a monster here in TAS :'(. Well I do know of one, he owns the Ducati shop in Launceston but thats how I know him.

Egas
I was from Hobart, but been up in Canberra since the start of '05. Didn't ride a Monster down there, either.

I've seen maybe 3, or 4 Monsters in my entire time down in Hobart, and never saw any up North. One of the reasons down south would be the lack of an actual dealership presence down there. MV Augusta has presence, so why not Ducati :).

Anyway, lovely roads, did most of Tassie on sportsbikes and in cars, and all at good pace. Don't mind the roads up here, there are some good ones, there's just a lot more travelling between them...

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.