Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Pepsduc (Joe) is coming to town and we are getting together for an espresso, a feed and some bike talk!

Venue: Bar Italia, Norton St Leichhardt
Date: Thursday, 28th Dec,2006
Time: Either 12pm or 6pm or both - Joe Dependent

If we can find a spare bike and gear for Joe, maybe we head out earlier and do the old road? just a thought....

I am pretty sure Ron is closed, but I'll try contact him anyways and see what he is up to. Maybe we can see him outside of the workshop.

so far we have the following people:
  • pepsduc!
  • big (and rach?)
  • goldfish (and broni)
  • paulc (and 2 rug rats!!)
  • melvin
  • mmick (for lunch if it is on)
  • bryceow (for lunch if it is on)
  • mostro (being typically Italian and non committal)

any other takers? Melvin, perhaps let Chris know as well....

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
goldFiSh said:
OK Pepsduc (Joe) is coming to town and we are getting together for aan espresso, a feed and some bike talk!

Venue: Bar Italia, Norton St Leichhardt
Date: Thursday, 28th Dec,2006
Time: Let's say 6ish... Its just a guess, but that should be OK for Joe.

If we can find a spare bike and gear for Joe, maybe we head out earlier and do the old road? just a thought....

I am pretty sure Ron is closed, but I'll try contact him anyways and see what he is up to. Maybe we can see him outside of the workshop.

so far we have the following people:
  • pepsduc!
  • big (and rach?)
  • goldfish (and broni)
  • paulc
( plus my 2 rug rats [cheeky] )
  • melvin
  • mmick

any other takers? Melvin, perhaps let Chris know as well....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah earlier is OK for me, lets see what Joe wants to do. It'll depend on what time he gets in....

****, feel like an blat earlier? Maybe down south and then meet up in the city with the others?

just got back from a RNP / seacliff bridge / mt kiera lookout / picton rd / freeway / RNP loop [thumbsup] not too many :police: around, but I was being real cautious.... did happen to see a p plater pulled over by a :police: bike :eek: with 4 points tops, I'd bet his licence is gone... merry Xmas from the constabulary

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I'll do my best to welcome a fellow sandgroper into Sydney... [thumbsup]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so we wait for joe to log on and confirm what is good with him.

If he's OK with it, then we maybe organise a lunch time get together, and if people can't make it, then we organise an evening activity as well... From memory Joe's got nothing on for the day (though that may have changed) but we will await what he has to say...

As an aside, I am looking for a ride on the day - if mmick is up for it, maybe I'll meet him down south, otherwise I'm easy..... Maybe we do the illawarra in the morning, have coffee and then follow bryceow back up the old road in the arvo... now we're talking!

lets see what Joes says - keep checking in here for the latest..

<edited the original post with updated info as well>

·
Registered
71 Posts
If one or two of you get a chance can you give me a buz on the mob 0411 392 592 so i can get the right time ,place, and maybe even a direction into the meeting place for coffee ? Hey would be nice if i can meet up with one of you along the way and follow you in.

·
Registered
972 Posts
OK, I'm up for a quick(ish) blat around south of Sydney, then maybe Bar Italia back in town for lunch, after that it will have to be home for me 'cos I've got to go to work.

So who's in?

Rob watcha doin?

Mmick

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I'm working, so lunchtime is out for me. I'm happy to lend Joe the Spada if some of you want to go for a ride during the day, but we'd have to organise to get it to him somehow... I'm keen to do dinner in Leichhardt tomorrow night still...

I'm about to go offline until I get to work tomorrow, so if you people come up with a plan that involves picking up the Spada (or the Spada key) before 9:30 or so tomorrow morning, call me on 0417 656 974

:)

big

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, I've spoken to Joe, his flight is not in until 12.30pm.

Looks like mmick, me and bryce will be the only ones to meet joe earlier on in the day.

Lets say Bar italia @ 2pm for a coffee & gelato and whatever..

We'll hang around leichhardt and the like, and meet up with the others @ 6pm again @ Bar Italia.
We're not sure what else will be open, but we're sure to find something tasty for dinner, whether it be there or elsewhere on Norton Street.

In the evening, I have Melvin, Broni, Mostro, Big, Paul and the rug rats, and maybe Dave, Rach, Lil and anyone else!

Bar Italia
169 Norton Street
Leichhardt

Next to the Civic Video, up the "City West Link" end of Norton st, not Parramatta rd end.

Bryce, if you don't know your way around Sydney, I'll try to explain it. If you come in from the north across the Harbour Bridge, you need to get to the Anzac Bridge and the City West link. it will be pretty much freeway conditions all the way, but you need to keep an eye on the lanes to ensure you are in the right one over the bridge. From memory, you want the right hand lanes coming across the bridge - do not go via the harbour tunnel - you;ll end up in completely the wrong part of town! Norton Street Leichhardt comes off the city west link - if you've made it there, a simple left turn into Norton street and a couple of hundred metres down the road is bar Italia. I will PM you mu number...

It'll be good to see you all there!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey thanks for the info and maps,but its way over my head riding into Sydney not knowing the way,I think it maybe best if i join you on another ride day were its not so hard to find.There will be other times im sure.Have a great day to you all and maybe i'll see you on the next round.
Bryce

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bryceow said:
....I think it maybe best if i join you on another ride day were its not so hard to find.There will be other times im sure.Have a great day to you all and maybe i'll see you on the next round.
Bryce
no worries, next time! it's a shame that no-one is coming from the north at that time, so they can guide you in...

Mickyb said:
Put me down for a hello !
i'll be in the city tomorrow.
2pm or 6pm @ Bar Italia Micky!

C U there...

·
Registered
104 Posts
6pm

I have lunch with other riders at Coogee, then probably riding somewhere, so i'll be on the road for most of the day. I hope tomorrow is going to be another awesome day like today.

I'm actually semi-squiding - arms sunburnt ! :eek: , well, you'll see what i mean !

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Where in the north are you? I am in Artarmon. Depending upon family commitments, I'd be happy to ride in with you. Are there any pre-6pm rides planned? I'd be happy to do an old pacific hwy run beforehand.

regards,

dave young

1 - 20 of 32 Posts