Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a new set of CRG adjustable levers. The one on the brake side fits like a champ. My question is on the clutch side.
The stock brembo lever had an extension on the bottom of the lever that activated a small switch when the lever was compressed (also makes a small clicking sound). The CRG's that I received do not extend down to activate this same switch.

Does anyone know what this switch does? How important is it that it is connected to the clutch lever? I'm thinking that I was sent the wrong levers.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
CRG does not offer levers that work on 03/04's the tab activates the switch in the clutch housing that have to do with the side stand switch.. Does everything work as normal ? I believe you will find some issue when starting with side stand down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
The bike starts up no problem with the sidestand down and the new levers installed.
I didn't know that CRG didn't make levers for the 03-04's. I got mine from Motowheels and they have #AB-511 imprinted on the tops.
Right now, the switch is just sitting there not connected to my clutch lever and the bike seems to be working fine. Does that mean that the switch has no purpose?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
if memory serves me right, the clutch switch allows the bike to start in gear, sidestand down as long as the clutch lever is pulled in. without this switch, the bike will start and run with the sidestand down as long as it is in neutral.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I think you have two choices here. You can find one of the electrical switch in the banjo thingies on the internet and wire the switch that way (the elegant way). Or use a (cheap looking) piece of aluminum to make a switch trigger and bolt it to the lever. I chose the latter. At first I made this super trigger out of MarineTex and discovered when I bolted the lever back that it hit the left switch housing. There is not a lot of room back there.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Howie's pretty much nailed it, but the switch also enables you to start the bike in gear independent of where the sidestand is, like when you just stalled it taking off from a light and you'd really like to get the bike going pronto without having to fish for neutral.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts