Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago, i took the monster to the local ducati shop to have a new rear tire put on, everything was fine ad dandy, brought the bike home, rode it a couple times. no problems

two weeks ago, i went out to move the bike to the back of the garage. as i lifted the bike off the sidestand i heard a slight metal on metal clink. i looked over to the right, and noticed the bolt sticking out the back of the swingarm, as well as that plate just dangling there. i put the bike back down, went in for a lcoser look and saw that the bolt was also bent.

My question would be is this the dealer's fault, should it be something they fix.

I'm still kinda new to this whole motorcycle thing, so all your help would be appreciated.

i also have a picture of the swingarm, but i have no place to host it.

·
Banned
897 Posts
It's certainly worth asking the shop about, but unless you recorded the mileage when they changed the tire, they might be sceptical after a couple of months.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if the dealer says its not there fault, is it something that i can fix (new bolt, and a few other parts)or will i need a new swingarm?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
If they had tightend tose properly wwhen reinstalling the rear wheel. It should not have come loose. As a side though its a good idea to check nuts and bolts before or after a ride. Kinda like a preflight if you will.

To keep the plate from rotating around in the future, should the bolt loosen. "glue" the plate to your swingarm with abit of clear RTV Silicone. Not enough to make it suck to get off but enough to hold it once it sets up. Ive done this to everyone of my Ducs without having one come loose. The bad things happen if the one on the sprocket side comes loose and it gets jammed in there. Ask me how I know about that ;)

·
Banned
897 Posts
Mumbly said:
if the dealer says its not there fault, is it something that i can fix (new bolt, and a few other parts)or will i need a new swingarm?
Yes, it's a simple fix. You may need the plate, you will probably need the adjuster bolt. There is a tiny bolt in the end of the adjuster to keep it from backing all the way out. That should be it, unless you really had some bad luck. I would think any other damage would be fairly obvious. The RTV is a good idea, I use a zip tie, I've seen some safety wired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts