Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping some one can help me with this problem.
I am the owner of a low mileage 1995 Ducati 900ss. The swing arm of the bike appears to have cracked in some of the welds.
I know the bike is out of warranty, but I've never heard of this happening before. I have heard that there is a defect in the manufacturing and therefore will be covered by a "good will" warranty. Is there anywhere I could obtain information regarding this. Would appreciate some advice.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Noddy,
Of course I speak for Australians but I assume it's the same all over. I had a 92 900SS and I went through three swingarms. They were all replaced under warranty even though I bought the bike in late 94 and the last swingarm was fitted in 97. Ducati admit there is a problem with the early 90's SS swingarms and frames and fix them gratis.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aluminium swingarm have the bad illness to crack,i assume you've got an aluminium one?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you want a warranty solution you need to take the bike to a dealer so they can see the problem and then approach the importer. i would imagine it would be covered as a good will thing. but you need to start with a dealer.

if you get no satisfaction there got to the ducati.com site and put your case thru the customer service bit. should work.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Get steel swingarm from 750 or 900ss/cr and never worry about it again...

:) Chris
do you know anything about the swingarms on newer model supersports. i have a 2000 SS, with an aluminum swingarm. are these units suspect as well? thanks in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts