Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.kc-international.com/rearswinmadf.html

I think this is the DP part, $1200... Is this a desent price for such an item? Is 20% lighter worth it? Not that I am in the market, just dreaming... could get this when I finally get enough pennies (I have a REALLY big jar) to get those BST carbon rims!!!

S

·
0 Posts
i was checking that thing out for a while as well... looks really sharp for sure. the stock aluminum boxed swingarm is already pretty light so i dunno if the 20% lighter weight will be noticable, but it is braced so maybe its rigidity will make a nice difference. but $1200? damn... that's pricey. for that kinda money, you could prolly get a custom part made by the likes of norm. (i'm guessing here).

·
Registered
243 Posts
If I was to put that much money in a new swingarm I might consider saving up a little more and buying the single side swingarm. I know the S4R has one but otherwise they are a pretty rare. I think they look awesome on the older monsters. (I'm not a big fan of the S4R looks anyway.)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
As Strati suggested, I wonder whether the claimed 20% weight savings is referenced to a steel or Al swinger.

I think there are a lot of places to put that much cash that would deliver real performance advantages.

It's trick though. If cost were no object, what the hell!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately for me, cost is always an object, BUT I can dream damnit!! And I WILL have those BST's someday!! Maybe by the time the pennies stack up, they will have gone down in price... (crossing fingers!!!)

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Check out these babies!! $800 semicustom!!

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
www.swingarm.com

I have been thinking about getting one . Has anyone ordered from this UK company before?? I know they have been around for a very long time.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I think 20% lighter is a bit optomistic. Unless you REALLY like the way it looks, I'd put the money towards those BST wheels.

R

·
0 Posts
yeah I really like the jmc, but I would get the 45mm adjuster rather then the eccentric....I wish the dollar was doing better, it would be a great buy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts