Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the standard steel swing arm with an aluminum one? Any guess as to the weight savings,and is this worth doing? If so anyone have one for sale? I have a 1997 750m,and trying to make it handle as well as it can,in addition have upgraded the shock and forks.
Thank you.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
From what I've heard, it's not much lighter, if any.
Should be a bit stiffer, though.

G

·
I've got one of each sitting downstairs (I was going to switch to an alu one, then I lost my mind and had Norm make me one ;D)

The aluminum one is definitely lighter. But not by much.

Mostly I was going to do it because the aluminum swingarm just looks that much better...

As for the swap, it can't be too hard if a chimp like me can handle it. [laugh]

·
Registered
820 Posts
I did that on the 750, again not for weight reasons but to enable me to fit a 5.5 rim. They do look much nicer though [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I did it on my '97m750 too. Did it more for looks and spindle rear lift, than weight savings, though it did weigh less than the steel. Also got a 5.5 in back but that was only because I got a great deal on some forged wheels and that was the size it came in. Don't buy into the big back tire. It's more nimble with the smaller back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.