Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello everyone, after my ignition system being immobilized on my 2003 monster 620 ie. i decided on looking for a new system. i found a good deal on a system from a 2008 monster s2r with ecu + guages+ locks and black and red key!! would this be compatible with my 2003 m620? *crosses fingers*

correction : 2003 ducati monster 620 ie. ignition system to 2008 monster s2r ignition system.

·
Registered
635 Posts
hello everyone, after my ignition system being immobilized on my 2003 monster 620 ie. i decided on looking for a new system. i found a good deal on a system from a 2008 monster s2r with ecu + guages+ locks and black and red key!! would this be compatible with my 2003 m620? *crosses fingers*

correction : 2003 ducati monster 620 ie. ignition system to 2008 monster s2r ignition system.
This is what I know:

Keys + Gauges = YES, no need to swap ECU[see below]

ECU = NO [S2R=1000 Dual Spark; 620ie=620, different engines and needs]

Keys can be programmed to gauges and "OLD" ECU... So I've been informed by Ducati techs and the forums tech threads...Will you get the Ducati Code Card with the purchase?

·
Registered
635 Posts
The code card will not be included. If the old ecu is immobilized this new purchase is for nothing?
So if I get it right, you lost your red key and code card? OK, then do the following, reflash the ECU so that the inmobilizer function is de-activated and voila, no more inmobilizer[cannot do it to mine, it seems my ECU is not within 'reflashing parameters].

This my friend, if I read correctly, is the only other option you have other than buying new, DASH and KEYS....ECU can stay put...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts