4,093 Posts
Re:  :mad:SUV +1 Monster 0

Thats a bummer, man!! Sorry!! :'(

What was the dumb butt doing backing up that close anyway!! :mad:

·
Registered
413 Posts

That is a total bummer. Hope it gets fixed fast.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts

is the dude paying for it at least?!

·
Premium Member
694 Posts

that bites man. some jerkoff in a tank backed into my parked car and tried to haul a$$, that is until the security guys got her. hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

Next time that happens fall over with the bike and start screaming. Then take his sorry a$$ to court - trade in the bike and buy an S4R.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts

ouch :-/sorry to hear it and hope you can use the insurance money to improve the old gal ;)

S

·
0 Posts

I hope the guy pulled out his insurance card on the spot.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Re:

We have concealed carry here in the Hoosier hinterlands, that would be an SUV full of 45 cal holes if that happened to me!! Does that sound extreme?
Seriously, that sucks man, sorry to hear it.
Rob

·
Registered
221 Posts

the perfect world would be only Ducati's and Mini Coopers. We would all live in harmony...no big SUVS!

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts

Sounds like another argument against SF's dumb "no m/c parking on sidewalks" rule.

Motos and Minis, yeah, I like that.

Hope you get your bike fixed soon - the weather has been phenomenal hasn't it?

·
Premium Member
436 Posts

At least you'll get it paid for. I've had the unfortunate experience (as I'm sure many others have) of coming out to the parking lot to find the bike on it's side next to it's shiny broken bits. Helpless pissed-off feeling. Good luck with the repairs.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

this board is great, thanx for the love.

brought the bike to the shop, should get an estimate today. the guy was alright, he wants to settle w/out insurance, but i have his info just in case. it just sux being without transpo, riding the train is weak! :( especially when we got summer early this yr.

the ironic thing is i usually always park on the sidewalk when running errands. this time running in to the post office i think, "it will only be a second" lesson learned, a second is all it takes.

D

·
0 Posts

i learned a valueable lesson last year, i was in a car accident. the other driver rearended me, only minor damage scrathes and cracked rear bumper. we exchanged info and he said we would settle without insurance. he gave me the run around for about a week, when i finally called the poice to see what my options were they said there was a 10 day time period to file an accident report, and i was out of uck. his exact words were " lesson learned ". any way my point is if you do not have a police report you may want to file just to protect yourself.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

good point dyates. i jut got the estimate and its not pretty, he most likely will want to use his insurance after i speak with him this evening. to get my bike in perfect order it will be over 2K (thats including my pipes that got scratched) i don't really mind the scratches or the cosmetics so much, i just want my ride back, and if he starts to shuck and jive he'll get hit for the full amount through his insurance. so i'll probably keep the pipes as is and tell him a lower amount. the worst part is they don't have any sidestands around so that is more down time
:mad: :'(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts