Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, what do you uys think about going big on suspension ?

I'm about to say F it and just go balls out

Ohlins R&T forks
Radial brakes
Cycle car radial adapter
Ohlins rear end

CHA CHING !!! I gotta make sure I buy out of state (sorry Chris) due to sales tax. When I drop $3K+, 9% CA sales tax is no joke !

·
Registered
133 Posts
That sounds mega expensive!-Have you twiddled the std stuff yet?--I made mine loads better with some suspesion settings from monstaman off the Speedzilla site-really did make a huge differance,Biggest improvement was lifting the rear and dropping the front-I think the front forks were dropped 8mm through the yokes (a must in my opinion)-I`ve got the full set up written down if you want it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i'm wanting to tweak my suspension also but unfortunatly there is less I can do. Might drop the front a hair.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here you go-these are from Monstaman on the speedzilla site,Uk M.C.News also did a set and were nearly the same
Front-forks dropped 8-10mm through the yolks,preload-10mm from the 22mm nut to the top of the aluminium (base of brass adjuster)-factory setting is 16mm,with 10 mm it comes within 1mm of the Ohlins static sag recommendations,
Front comp(bottom of fork)- 14 clicks out from fully in-factory is 12
Front rebound(top of fork)- 12 clicks out from fully in -factory is11
Rear--spring preload-4 turns more preload.
Rear comp(top of resovoir) 1/2 turn out from fully in-factory is 2 turns out
Rear rebound--10 clicks out from fully in-factoty is19 clicks out
Worked that well on mine the first time i test rode an S4R i thought it was awfull!!-The front ride height is a MUST-just watch the first corner or two untill you adjust to it

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
The R&T forks are REALLY nice, if you can afford it, do it. Skip the radial brakes, there are lots of better options for the money.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Take a look at the iron rotors from discatati(sp) with their radial m/c redracingparts.com sells them.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
You might also want to take a look at AP Racing - 1st class stuff. My boys run AP on their race bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts