Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I need to tinker with my suspension set-up, but I'm a complete rookie. I noticed with my wife on board, the bike is a LOT more comfortable to ride than with just my weight alone. Also, when I hit some certain lips in the road, the rear shock launches me off the seat and then smacks me in the a$$ on the way back down.

What kinds of tools do I need (spanner and pin wrench are mentioned in the book)?

What should I do to correct my problem?

Is this beyond the realm of my rookie-ness?

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
There's quite a bit to suspension set up and if you're new to it I'd take the bike to a good mechanic and have him set it up for you.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
It's fun to mess around with your suspension & you can't hurt anything because you can always go back to your original settings. Start by setting your sag (do a search), then adjust the rebound (top) & compression (bottom) all the way in, then all the way out. This will give you an idea of how much adjustment you have available to you. If you want to get even more involved, you can change springs, fluid level & viscosity, etc., but you need special tools for all that.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what tools do I need?

S

·
0 Posts
The shop you bought it from should be able to help you set up your preload as part of the setup, as mine did.

As Far as the bumps you are speaking of, are they normal bumps in the road or large ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts