Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this talk about raising the rear has got me interested. Should the clickers be played with before adjusting other things. How would you guys go about suspension set-up for weight 01 900s 5'11 190lbs. Might have the local shop do it, they are good with suspension mods, at least on dirt-bikes.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
The first thing you need to do is check sag. I'd be surprised if you can get it right with stock springs at your weight. Damping adjustments would come after sag.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
madmax178 said:
what weight are these bad boyz set to? 150-160?
About that. I can tell you that the spring upgrade is worth the $$. Depending on the year and model, if race-tech valves are available those make the front even better. Suspension upgrades will make you faster than any motor work ever could.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
You're fortunate to have an S model. On my non-S I had to have RaceTech internals installed in the stock forks. I did this after installing an Ohlins shock which was so awesome it made my front end feel like it was filled with rocks. On the bumpy back roads around me, pre-mods the bike used to skitter a bit in the corners and always felt a bit loose while cornering. Post-mod I can ride through anything and pretty much ignore the road surface and focus on the line. It is that good.

Best money I ever spent on the monster, bar none.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
We weigh the same, madmax, and you'll have to upgrade shock spring and fork springs to start (I haven't yet). I'm not sure about valving on the shock.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Front about $150, Rear about $100. Check the race-tech site, or check with your installer. I'd have the gold valves done too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts