Good stuff

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Ha cha cha cha cha! -- Jimmy Durante

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I just got my S2R1k suspension adjusted at a local shop here in NJ. Man what a difference it makes. I can fall into turns much much easier. Best of all it only cost $35 and the people really knew their stuff. Feels like I have a whole new monster [clap]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. About suspension adjustments...

I have an s2r1000, and I often ride with a passenger. I'm 180lbs and she's 110lbs, so i felt like I needed to add a little preload to the ride. Added 1 stop of preload to the front and rear.

Now, the bike doesn't seem quite as fool-proof in corners as it was before. The front wheel seems to wobble a little when I do something "unsmooth" in a corner. Accel or decel too hard, or hit a little uneven spot.

Prior to adding preload, the bike was completely stable. I don't recall ever making it wobble in any way (only had 1400km on it though). I've put another 1500km on it after the adjustment.

Any suggestions? I could go back to the setting I had it at, but it was a little soft. It seemed to me that the factory setup was quite soft even when I was riding alone.

I was thinking of adding 1 click of damping to the front and rear. ?

thx for any tips
jeremy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.