Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uh don't know why it took me so long to notice but hey DTM,
I'm looking for a stick......I haven't surfed since I lived in Hawaii..being here I think I need to start again.....you got your own boards?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well so far everytime it has been windy it's been off shore...there must be somewhere that it isn't, but I haven't found it yet....

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Retro,
Let me know if you want to hit the water. My 7'2" Harbour has been whimpering in the corner for quite a while, pleading for me to take her out in the waves.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yeah, I shape boards. It is not my source of income I do it for fun, as a hobby. I make all my friends boards and boards for friends of friends and so on. I basically work at cost just cause I really enjoy doing it. If your interested in getting a board let me know. All my boards are customs. You tell me what you want, maybe we go for a surf, and I make the board. It takes about 2-4wks depending on how fancy you want to make it (airbrush, gloss and polish, resin tints and so on)
I shape on my days off so I need a little time to get everything together.
Bill

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
LOL! ;D
That's a frightening image! Yeesh. :-X

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Is this the start of the Ducati Monster Surf Club (DMSC)?
Close...I think it's actually the SCDMSC, or is it the SCMHSC, no wait,....I'm all confused now... ???

;D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks DTM we should talk I learned to shape in Hawaii....
but it's been a long time......I would love to have a board made...
.....mahalo's

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is there still any interest in a SCMHA surf session?

Huntington, San-O?

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
The wind is onshore just about everyday. Perfect for windsurfers. The rare offshore days are perfect for the rest of us.
Beg to differ on that one ;)
The best wave-riding on a shortboard (windsurf) is in off-shore and side-off-shore winds. On-shore winds create chop and make for very difficult headway through what can sometimes be lethal shorebreak. Also, it makes waveriding difficult, and jumping is impossible-you'd be jumping into the wind ;)
If anyone wants pointers on windsurfing, equipment, lessons... let me know. I raced masters division throughout the world for 5 years as a fully sponsored windsurfing guru.
I'm not too shabby on a surfboard too 8)
We could invent our own Monster surfboard carriers. Show up at the beach with a board..how perfect would that be 8)

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Yeah, you DO have to have balls to sail in the offshores. It can be dangerous-it's what keeps the amateurs at bay. Off shore winds though are the only way you can get real air and do serious waveriding. It's wicked.
Waddell Creek with 40-50 knot winds. That's a scary day.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I guess all the windsurfers in Huntington/Sunset suck then. The only time I see them out the wind is onshore. I have NEVER seen a windsurfer out here in offshore wind. That's in 18 years of being at/drivng by the beach everyday.
I saw maybe ten kite-boarders the other day off the cliffs in HB. First time I've seen that. Blow'n 25-30 knots offshore. Stopped the bike to check it out. Man, those guys were hauling a$$. And getting serious air.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I suppose it depends where you sail. Hawaii is normally very gusty and not much fun pointing up wind all day to get back into a set when there are good waves with side shore winds. The last off shore buzz adventure for me was hurricane Iniki and I couldn't hang onto a 2.9.... Here all I have seen so far is flat water off shores. But I have seen some nice surf lately, and I think I need to get a board.
I have to say I have some great memories though. Nothing like sailing with and watching Harold Iggy at age fifty trying loops at Backyards with gusty winds over razor sharp reef! Or Robby Naish hanging in the air upside down one handed over you giving you the shaka sign with his free hand! I met some amazing water people there I must say. Damn Angulo and all those kids were just so crazy and good......

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well surf been pathetic in O-side lately and with a new bike around my board is gonna get put on the back burner atleast until those hot summer days when I just can't resist loading up the truck and down to DMJ's del mar jettys, Im down to surf anytime though!!!!! as long as it's good

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow the pier in Mailbu.......is it surfrider?
Man that's a pretty nice wave, with big potential!
What do you guys do here, measure from the front...if so then I saw some good 6 footers...would like to see it bigger.......I found some more further north a little.......just past Leo Carillo.....damn.
I need a board!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts