Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talking to a guy yesterday who offered to sell me superbike master cylinders. Anybody done this? Gains? Feel? Reliability? Compatibility?

This sounds kinda cool for any gains it might offer, but it may also be a cheap way out to fix the scratches on the master cylinder mounts/ lever attachment point on the bike from the wreck.

Thanks for any advice or help.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I think if you have the older 'coffin' masters that would be a good upgrade.
if you have the better ones it might not be much (if any) difference

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Going from the coffins to the SBK masters is a pretty common thing to do. It's pretty inexpensive to make the switch if you can get the goldlines used. They are on e-bay ALL the time. IF you already have the goldlines, all you could do it go with the highend "radial" ones that are pretty $$$$

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a set of the the 999 radial style pumps on order. These offer a cleaner look because the reseviors are integrated into the pumps, they cost about $230 each. I am also adding the 4 pad calipers, I had these on my old Mille R and they are much improved over the standard Brembo's.

Jeff

·
Registered
95 Posts
They are stock on the 999/749 bikes. Motowheels shows them on the web site under mastercylinders.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow that is quite a expensive upgrade. Then again so are slip ons:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do you have clip-ons that are under the triple? If not it may not look as clean/hidden as on the 999. Love to see some pics when you get them installed.
I dont have clip-ons, but my standard pumps have the resevoirs mounted in the air off of brackets(typical set-up) these at least will be lower and since I have just one bar-end mirror, it will look better...IMHO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts