Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to upgrade to superbike forks on my '02 750 Dark. The forks I bought are off of a 2001 748. Also included with them are the original top and bottom triple clamps, bearings, and steer-tube from the 748. Can any of these parts be adapted to use on my monster? I'm wondering if I can use the 748 top triple (possibly with some machining/boring modifications?) instead of having to buy the Cycle Cat triple.

FYI, I'll probably get the CC DBR-1 clip ons.

G

·
Nope. wrong steering angle.

You can get good money in the classified section though.

The Cycle Cat is the easiest way to go and you can sell your top triple too.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that answers my question. Thanks for the info Martin - I'll be in touch with you shortly to get the necessary parts.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Martin meant to say that 748 triples have the wrong offset. The angle is set by the frame. Running the 748 triples would make your monster nearly un-ridable it would be so squirrelly.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sigh... now for the hard part... what color triple and clip ons to get? ;D

G

·
Hey grunter I was thinking about the same thing any worries about the strength of the triple clamp. My bike is a track bike so I am beating on it pretty hard. Any thoughts from anyone?

G

·
I originally milled out the top triple on my monster to install the SBK forks. When I replaced it with the Cycle Cat triple, we found little cracks in the milled out OEM piece.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nothing to report yet. My forks are in the mail right now. Once they arrive, I'll order the CC parts and get to work. I'll be sure to take some pictures of the process.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sigh... now for the hard part... what color triple and clip ons to get? ;D
Yes, I'm quoting myself. Does anybody have some good pictures of the Cycle Cat bar mounts and top triple in the four different finishes they are available in? Martin or Alex possibly? Thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The best place for comparison shots of the colors has to the Cycle Cat web site. I might have a picture of an install in different colors but they would all be different bikes in different colors and different lighting not really much help in making a comparison of colors. This is not the best picture to post as they don't offer clipons and triple clamps in red and blue even thou you might be able to order a special color if you really wanted for a small fee.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Because these stock parts are not commonly found used, you will get a good sum, but you will also have a hard time getting them back if you ever want to return to stock form.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I think I'm going to hang on to my stock forks and top crown for that reason.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts