Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Superbike fairing on monster? How tough?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Tarik 
#1 ·
I already posed this question in my "Il BostroMonstro" post i the General area, but many my not look at it there... So...

I am really curious as to how difficult it would be to mount a super bike fairing, lights and all, on my S4??? I would love to do that!!!

#3 ·
Sweet... Thank you. I will have to start collecting the parts, I will keep an eye on ebay... OR, I could go with an aftermarket carbon fiber 916 front end!!!

G
#6 ·
You could check with Manley Cycle as they have fabbed a billet clamp and bracket for monsters to take the SBK upper......was well made, and I didn't think it cost that much for a hand made piece. Pretty sure they would make more.

#8 ·
Its a Hotbodies 748 race kit. As Retro mentioned we fabbed up a clamp to work at mounting the upper fairing brackets. I got the fairing for $450.00 as I get the Racers discount from Lockhart Phillips.

G
#10 ·
Being a lurker here, I happened to see my page referenced about the 916 fairing mod. I have to say I love the red Monster posted above. That looks awesome. I have since pulled the fairing off my M900 and am in the process of installing a fork mounted and trimmed 888 carbon fibre race center piece. I will be using two small round PIAA type headlights. The fairing is at the painters being shot yellow with a white number plate. It should be back this week. I'll post pictures after I get it mounted up.

Ron
WPFMC.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.