Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to ge super white bulbs for a 2002 monster, and how much they cost?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
i used to do the bright bulb thing... a few thoughts, etc:
- never go higher than 60W actual without a relay
- the common 50w -> 100w "appearance" bulbs do sort of work. i do believe in them. BUT they're not as robust as the common 55/60 bulbs.

monsters use H4 bulbs.

my favorite bulb of all testing is the Raybrig "Metal White" H4. it really looked bright on the road at night on the san diego county rural roads late at night.

:) chris

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Chris is right about their not being robust - I've been through a couple in two years.

M

·
0 Posts
I've had the same PIAAs on my bike for three years now. I love them. They put out more light and I'm told "the light stands out" in group rides.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, one more question, do I need to replace both bulbs or just the main one?

M

·
0 Posts
do I need to replace both bulbs or just the main one?
The single filiment bulb is for "park" mode, and is very low wattage. It lights up your headlight for visibility....if you use your parking light. Won't kill your battery as quick as your headlight bulb.

R

·
0 Posts
Chris
If you do want the higher wattage , do you not have to upgrade your wiring along with a relay. Can you tell me who carries these.

P

·
0 Posts
Evo has superwhite H4 bulbs for less than the $44 mentioned above. I usr them and they work great.

R

·
0 Posts
I checked in to it. looks like the bulb only is the way I'll go.
Afraid I might set myself up for an electrical problem.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts