Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 900 last week, and was out after dark the other night and noticed the headlight was aimed a bit high. So I go to loosen the bolts...

I start with an allen key - won't go.
I get out the allen attachments for my ratchet - still no go.
I break out the hand impact tool and hammer - Still won't freakin' budge one bit.

I think I've tried it all - save for a drill. But does anyone else have some tips or tricks?

·
Registered
103 Posts
soak overnight, then 15 minutes beforehand with PB Blaster penetrating fluid

·
Banned
897 Posts
Take the headlight out of the bucket, you'll see how it mounts. I wound up spinning the nut thats pressed into the side of the bucket. Spray the Blaster on that end too. I think I wound up having to use Vice Grips on the inside to finally get it free.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already ordered up a can of PB, and I'd planned to pull the lens and reflector to get at the innards once it arrives.

I don't think the nuts in the bucket is spinning - nothing seems to be moving at all at this time. Good or bad...

But I'm going to wait for the blaster to arrive and give the bolts a good dose and soak over a few days. Hopefully that'll loosen things up.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I changed my bolts recently to ss and ran across the same problem. They came out eventually with the ratchet hex bit, 3/8" torque wrench, and some trash talk while my buddy held the bike down a bit.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
hey man, I had the exact same problem just a week ago. There is a very simple solution to this irating problem. I (like you) was trying everything to get that damn thing loose but it just wouldnt budge. So I just grabbed the bucket and turned the whole thing. It was that easy, the allen nuts were tight as hell, but the bucket would still move with a-little bit of pressure. Hope this works for you man. Worked like a charm for me. [thumbsup] . Good luck

Heath

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually need to pull the bucket out, to get at the goodies behind it in addition to working on the aim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts