Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
pretty damn minimalist....almost to the point of "why bother at all"...I like STM stuff and would opt for that if it had a little more caging

Duc Perf has a nice web one that is pretty sparse...only 300 trillion dollars .....Spareshack has a knock-off of it on their site that is less stratospheric in price and is new/different than the standard ones on the market...called the "Ducati Performance Style Type 1"

http://www.spareshack.com/cgi-bin/b...ssion=36311194&view=group&group=mon4900s4bil2

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Yea!

G

·
I am too much of a crasher for that thing. I need the meat of a Cycle Cats. I will loose a few pounds off my fat ass first before worrying about weight savings there.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G

·
does magnesium light up and glow at incredible temperatures if it is scraped along the roadway for a long enough while?

and how is it on impact?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Alright you dry clutch types, knock it off! I have to make do with my ugly, quiet clutch cover. :'(

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I like that one personally. I was planning on picking one up, but I like the totally cover free look so well, I may just keep it that way! ;D

<---------- 8)

G

·
i'm with dennis on this one. even if the TI wire "cover" could hold the weight of the bike on impact, it doesn't offer ANY coverage for the leading 1/2 of the clutch. how about some gravel grinding into your clutch?!

as for magnesium. regardless of the unquenchable-flame-factor, it's STRONG but BRITTLE. on a get-off, i could see one of those covers shattering into bitty bitty bits and finding their way into the clutch they're supposed to be protecting.

i'll take the fully-open c'cat cover. oh wait. i already did ;)

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
It may keep your toes out, but I would be a little concern about it bending into the springs rotation area. :-/

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts