Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there's a difference with fit and interior head shape between the two models? I fit the Spec 1R perfectly, but was thinking about upgrading to an Extreme.

I don't have a Suomy dealer near by so there's no way I can try it on for fit. Could anyone give any feedback?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
they fit the same.. only difference is really the venting.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Dynamic213 said:
So.... one extra vent up front makes the Suomy Extreme price tag $150 more than that of the Spec 1R?!?! :eek:
it's a completely different vent configuration. also, if you price the faceshield on the extreme, they're $100+.

those faceshields are iridium coated with an anti-fog coating on the inside.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
The liner on the Extreme is Alcantra suede...a lot softer than the Spec 1R.

I wish I used my Spec 1R for more than 5 minutes so that I can tell you if the extra vent makes a big difference. I've crashed (low speed) with both helmets. My next helmet will be a Suomy.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
derby said:
it's a completely different vent configuration. also, if you price the faceshield on the extreme, they're $100+.

those faceshields are iridium coated with an anti-fog coating on the inside.
+1

I think most of that price differnce is the face shield.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That sheild is amazing! only time I wish i have sunglasses on is when I get glare of chrome of a car ahead of me....that is just brutal! but beyond that its like sunglasses in the day and a clear at night...LOVE MINE. And the liner is a nice touch.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts