Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whos riding where, when. I gotta ride again ;)

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
"If" I get my bike back on Saturday, I'll probably go by and hang at Spectrum on the way home.

But on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, I think I'm going to ride the Malibu Canyon area---Latigo. From last week's reports (Mark C. and Crestgal), Palomar and AC were too f-ing cold. I don't like that :(

·
Registered
796 Posts
Wish I could but I gotta work :(
I rode palomar on sunday and I thought it was fine. Just start a little later. We got up top at 12:00

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill do the Spectrum thing on the way to my nephews coming out party (hes 2 weeks old now), but Mallibu sounds like fun. Now where the heck is Retro?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I'm in! A Sunday Malibu tour sounds perfect!

That is if I can finish off my f'n fork upgrade and they're even in the ballpark on damping.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Poitras and I are gonna cruise the beach and pick up chicks. Hey man, you wife said it was okay, right? Then we'll head out to the mountains to cheat death and the police. We'll probably see some of you on Palomar if you go that way.

Any other southerners wanna ride out on Sunday?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Yo Tom:

Saw your bike on Thursday night. What a sweet ride! Engine was in, everything looked hooked up. Gas tank off. Looks like they do not have to do that much to get you back on the road. Good Luck! I think your bike has been there so much there is going to be a dedicated moto lift to "Infoage".

It was sporting a set of new Marchesisni's. Where did you get them? Can you tell a difference? Is there a killer deal lurking out there for forged mags?

I think you get some kind of award for cleanest sprockets on a bike that is actually ridden! Also, very cool job on the footpegs. They look better than the billet pegs on the web!

Regards,
Rideon

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Yo Tom:

Saw your bike on Thursday night. What a sweet ride! Engine was in, everything looked hooked up. Gas tank off. Looks like they do not have to do that much to get you back on the road. Good Luck! I think your bike has been there so much there is going to be a dedicated moto lift to "Infoage".

It was sporting a set of new Marchesisni's. Where did you get them? Can you tell a difference? Is there a killer deal lurking out there for forged mags?

I think you get some kind of award for cleanest sprockets on a bike that is actually ridden! Also, very cool job on the footpegs. They look better than the billet pegs on the web!

Regards,
Rideon
Scott, Thank's for checking in on my baby

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
So what happened when they caught you?

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I'm out this weekend. My bike will not be done until end-of-the-day Tuesday:

Yo Tom:

I asked Brandon, pointedly, when he got my engine back...he said he got it back this morning. I told him someone though they saw the engine in my bike last night...he said no, and repeated, that he didn't get the engine until today......

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That about sucks BIG Tom. Im sure the eyewitness from the board might be credible since he was drooling over your foot pegs, and its easy enough to see whether a Monster has a motor or not. Everything Ive heard about OS Duc makes me think its not worth it for me to go over the hill to get there. I guess Ill still get my parts from either ChrisK or Manley back in Minnesota. You are going to be at Spectrum right?

So wheres the meeting place for you southernites? I cant go to Malibu by myself.

·
Registered
445 Posts
So far it's just Poitras and I. We'll probably meet at a Starbucks near my pad and do a route south a little ways and then head north towards the big hill. I'd like to show him a road or two he hasn't seen. He has to be home by 2:00, so we may or may not leave the hill together. I don't think I'll be heading up to Malibu on the Husky either; my butt would be hamburger at the halfway point!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And that would be where??? He asked not knowing where you live.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Okay, sorry, thought if you were going to Malibu and Pasta Time you wouldn't make it down here on Sunday. The Starbucks is off the 15 on Aero drive. Exit onto Aero, turn left back across the freeway, and make you first left. The 'Bucks is on the left in the shopping plaza.

I just talked to Poitras and he's cancelled.

Let me know what you're thinking.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Cool, down here on Sunday. My plan is still to start at the 'Bucks near my place and run around from there. Probably 200-230 miles. I usually take off about 9:00.

BTW, you have a private message.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Socal:

Are you doing roads down in SD, then heading to the hill? I am thinking of hooking up with you either south or north. North would be a little later, and hopefullly, a little warmer!

Regards,
Rideon

·
Registered
445 Posts
Right on, Rideon. Sorry, couldn't stop that one. If you meet me down south, then follow the directions posted above to the Starbucks. Go time is 9:00 from there. Our route will put us at Palomar at about noon. That allows for a little stopping and hanging out along the way.

BUT, judging by the way the FREAKIN WATER IS PELTING MY BEDROOM WINDOW RIGHT NOW, there might not be any riding tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Socal:

Hopefully the rain will be done by tomorrow! Congrats on the full system score!

Regards,
Rideon

1 - 20 of 39 Posts