Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my camera for a ride Sunday and spent most of the day riding around the lakes and taking some new photos of my Monster...

1996 Ducati M900 - As of October 22, 2006

(NOTE: Bike may change at any time without notice.)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Jakers! That's a pretty bike! Thanks for the photos (and for not taking them while nude)!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Beautiful...truly beautiful. :eek: I really like your pod set-up, that's really sleek. Your exhaust is amazing too! Your bike is really a stand out! [thumbsup]

Tanya

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

and a bag of chips ;)

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Luvin the PM wheels. Hmmmm wonder if they make em for the sss ::)

·
Registered
185 Posts
WOW [thumbsup] I never though I would like chrome. this is cool. Also first turbo air cooled I have seen - what are the specs on it (dyno?) also list the engine mods to withstand that power.

N

·
0 Posts
+1 [clap] [clap]

Awesome looking bike. Attention to detail, nice and original, you should be very proud!

slowpoke13 said:
....and I really like the duck foot kickstand.
Yes yes yes... how do I get one of those!!

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
[clap] >:D [thumbsup]

Q

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Owww, I'm blinded!

What does your bike look like?

Seriously though... nice turbo.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Where did you get that seat cowl? I have one just like it that still has the rack on top. I use it when carring a tail pack. I heard it was made in Italy, but yours is the only other one I have seen.

The bike looks great.

LA

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CopperheadMonster said:
WOW [thumbsup] I never though I would like chrome. this is cool. Also first turbo air cooled I have seen - what are the specs on it (dyno?) also list the engine mods to withstand that power.
No internal engine mods! I'm on the third set of pistons, but there semi stock 904cc replacements from FBF. Wastegate is set at 7 psi (which has a +/- of 2 psi depending on the acceleration curve). I ride the bike a lot, so I try to keep it on the reliable side.
[*] View Charts: Power Run Speed Run
[*]Horsepower (at Rear Wheel): 112.1 Hp @ 8,300 RPM's
[*]Torque (at Rear Wheel): 74.8 ft-lbs. @ 7,600 RPM's
[*]Top Speed: 143.5 MPH
[*]Tested By: ECS Dyno (Mesa, AZ)
[*]Stock: 76 Hp/51 ft-lb.

The turbo can produce up to 28 psi, but the heat increase makes it unusable. I've set mine up to 11psi for a couple of drag race events and at a bike shows once. Unofficially it registered a 122Hp in a carnival style "Horse Power Shootout" at the Thunder Valley Rally 2005 in Camp Verde.

Now if you just want to go fast on the track and set big numbers, I have havea friend, Wayne Patterson, how has a turbocharge 900SS thats had the internal engine almost completely rebuilt (special coned pistons, crank, rockers, rods, etc.).
[*]He runs 19psi and gets 203hp. Click Here
[*]One of his early dyno sheets Click Here
[*]One of his early time sheets Click Here
Wayne son, Todd, sets a 8.98 sec 1/4 mile pass at 261.80kph on the turbocharged Ducati 900ss at Kwinnana Motorplex back in August.

More information available on force induction Ducati's available at http://www.TurboMonster.com/

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LA said:
Where did you get that seat cowl? I have one just like it that still has the rack on top. I use it when carring a tail pack. I heard it was made in Italy, but yours is the only other one I have seen.

The bike looks great.

LA
There made by RoadRacing in Italy. http://www.RoadRacing.it/

I ordered my through Fast by Ferracci and removed the rack. I have plans to remount a small platform on top of it with a solar charger panel on it. I got the solar trickle charge from Fry's Electronics and I'm just looking to find someone to machine up an aluminum mount from my drawlings now.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
That thing is just SaWEET! I'm sure you feel good about the work that you've put in to that thing. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
nice!!!

i have to know
where did you get the sidestand?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JJGeo said:
Nice!! I love the gauge clusters...where did you get them?
It a hand made copy of a cluster on a custom chopper I saw at the "2005 LA Canendar Show" in Long Beach. I just modified the design to work with the Ducati gauges. There's used 2.25" gauges and mine is 3.5"gauges. Plus I had to add in the boost gauge into the mix.

MrFry said:
nice!!!

i have to know
where did you get the sidestand?
It's a one off, overly complicated, design to fix a kickstand issue. I need the kickstand long, with a bigger end plate. My buddy Mark was willing to help carve the aluminum and do the welding, so we made it. The foot was cut out from block of 3x3x1" 6160 and welded into the stock kickstand.

----------------------------

Production photos...
http://www.turbomonster.com/BillJohnson-MonsterProduction.tpl

1 - 20 of 37 Posts