Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ooh - Kaay.... Let's try this one more time;

This Sunday, November 12th, SHOULD be a really nice day for a ride SO, several of us are going to Muenster. We'll leave from Bass Pro Shops (near D/FW Airport and Grapevine Mills Mall) at 9am (let's just make that 10am), then cruise out to Muenster for lunch at Doc's (good little spot; outdoor biergarten, etc.), then head back into town 'round 2.

Come on; you know you wanna [laugh]

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I can't make it. I am racing in Denton this Sunday.

Swanny

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
jamesmccain said:
which event would this be?
SMS Racing and Lone Star Fun Center are doing a buddy race at Brian Storie Grand Prix this Sunday. Just a fun time for everyone to get out with a friend and race dirt bikes.

Swanny

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Here is the info on the race. If you guys want to swing by there you should.

The annual BSGP Buddy Race is this coming Sunday the 12th. The event is a sunday only event. A complete 5 mile loop of rolling fields and woods has been set up for the race to be held on. There are six classes setup Mini & Ladies, 30 and over Amateur, 30 and under Amateur, Father & Son, Intermediates, Experts. "NO 2 PRO TEAMS" Awards Given through 3rd. The Schedule for Sunday is as follows Gates open at 8:00a.m. Signup open at 8:30 Parade Lap at 10:15 Riders Meeting at 10:00 Amateurs, Minis & Ladies Father & Son at 11:00, Intermediates and Experts at 1:30 All Races are 100 minutes plus a lap No Pee Wees on main track. A pee wee area will be marked for riding on but will not be supervised. If you have any question please feel free to call Lone Star KTM at 817-759-2586 or SMS Racing at 940-381-0737 any employee should be able to answer any questions you might have.

Swanny

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
You can also come out and play around on the new KTM's. They are having demo rides....

There will be 2007 Demo's to ride at the BSGP Buddy Race this Sunday the 12th. So, if interested in an 07 and don't know which one is right for you make sure to come out to the Buddy Race and give one a ride. A nice mile long loop has been set up for the Demo ride to take place on. If there are any questions please call Lone Star Racing at 817-759-2586 or SMS Racing at 940-381-0737 all employees can answer any questions you have regarding the ride.

Swanny

·
Registered
840 Posts
I tore some permanent sutures from an abdominal hernia surgery I had 13 years ago, so I am a "maybe" (depending on how confortable I feel on Sunday).

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
shadowcougar1 said:
I tore some permanent sutures from an abdominal hernia surgery I had 13 years ago, so I am a "maybe" (depending on how confortable I feel on Sunday).
Gross :-X

Swanny

·
Registered
22 Posts
Swanny,

Is this the location: "Brian's Farm" ?
Are you putting knobbies on the Duc for this one?

from Dallas you'd probably head north on I-35E to Denton. Just as you start to get there, you'll see the Golden Triangle Mall, and the 288 loop to the east / north ( right, in this example ). Head east / north on the 288 loop for about 3.5 miles to Hwy 380, then turn east ( right, in this case ) and travel on for about 7.5 miles, till you see a microwave tower, and a Trail Dust eatery on the left. It's time to slow for the turn. 2931 is about .3 miles, turn left ( north ). Go about 3.5 miles, on 2931 and Brian's farm is on the

-Jim

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Il Mostro said:
Swanny,

Is this the location: "Brian's Farm" ?
Are you putting knobbies on the Duc for this one?

from Dallas you'd probably head north on I-35E to Denton. Just as you start to get there, you'll see the Golden Triangle Mall, and the 288 loop to the east / north ( right, in this example ). Head east / north on the 288 loop for about 3.5 miles to Hwy 380, then turn east ( right, in this case ) and travel on for about 7.5 miles, till you see a microwave tower, and a Trail Dust eatery on the left. It's time to slow for the turn. 2931 is about .3 miles, turn left ( north ). Go about 3.5 miles, on 2931 and Brian's farm is on the

-Jim
Yeah this is a Brian's place. I have raced there a couple of times before. He does a good job putting together a track considering what he has to work with.

Swanny

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Hmmm....n2f I could use a road trip even though I historically have had trouble getting out of bed before 10 on Sundays....but I did take an hour ride on a 999 demo from AMS last week!!! Loved it!! Definitely need some heat resistant boxers!!! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure - nothing special about 9am...

How does Sunday at 10am BPS parking lot sound?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
jamesmccain said:
swanny, you gotta come. no bailing allowed
I would if I hadn't already committed myself to race this weekend.

I will hopefully be free for a ride the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Swanny

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Ok, I was dead set on going (especially since the time was moved) but I have roommate issues to deal with this weekend. Anyone good at changing locks? Anyone interested in sharing a 1200 sq ft. apartment near the West Village?? :police:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts